Friday, September 17, 2004

First Week

Well just passed my first week as an Educator and I want to faint from the lack of sleep... Partly cos I got the TAF club so got to go to work earlier than the rest, ie before 7am. Which after accounting for transport time, means I've got to get up in the range of 5.40am. It really is testing cos the earliest I ever gotten up was 6am and that was in JC like very long long ago.

So far okay lor given my duties are lighter compared to the rest of the perms. Of course what, I am contract. But tomorrow, on my first Sat, kena reserve duty, which translates to going to work bloody early jusJust finished two days of training and started in middle of week.t like on weekdays. Just to be there, in case some Educators dun turn up for test. In the meantime, I am attached to another Educator who has been very kind to show me the ropes and lead me around. Very grateful.

So far I have a table which is empty so I am gonna order some of Tab's Bored Slackers Animal Series, (Click on the Link: Kheldar's Blog to access her blog and designs) Had chance to observe some Educators in action, and it reminds me of that youthful part of me, so many years ago. I actually chanced upon a teacher whom had taught me before... But very awkward cos now collegues. And I am down for a skit for the coming holiday.

My entire week is packed. Work with extra morning lessons, 3 other weekdays of tuition, expected skit rehersals, weekends have Jap class and a full day of tuition lessons. Its like 7-day week. But wont be for long, see how things are until the end of the year. If cannot handle, will reduce.

I think being an Educator, the hours are not that much different from Pte. It is a full day and even longer than other public hours. Then again, the only difference: When u leave, the sun hasnt rise yet, and when u finished, the sky is still bright. For the Pte, u leave when the sun rise, and leaves when its dark. I guess there is a trade-off. Do u value your day hours or nite hours. Due to the nature of the hours, for an Educator, u sleep much earlier. Nite hours are no more your own. Imagine what staying up until 1am will do to you the next day. Its still much better to go for a job that starts on time, and very importantly.... ENDS ON TIME, EXACT, PRECISE....

Tired... going to sleep....

No comments: