Friday, October 07, 2005

Its been a long two weeks of blogging inaction. And I feel somewhat sorry that I havent been bloggin much. Well partly, everyday is just a routine, nothing much or 'new' happening.

Well for the past 2 fridays and saturdays, me and Tab have been consuming much pasta and sushi indeed. Went to Sumo Ya at clementi, Genki sushi, pasta mania. It is generally agreed by former NUS students, ourselves included that NUT food sucks! Cant fanthom the reason except that somewhere by the middle of the week, the tastebuds have been so numbed that anything that resembles food is just swallowed and get-it-over-with. Then over th weekends, the tastebuds are revived with decent home food or outside NUT food.

After Tab relentlessly commented that Sushi Tei sushi is better quality, we are going there tonite. To sidetrack a bit, I have been having this 'deja-vu' feeling whenever I see Tab eating sashimi. After eating so much jap food, its like to me, she is perpetually eating raw, uncooked fish like some barbarian. I have this thought in my head that if she ever had a chance to go to the salmon spawning area, she would just hop into the river, grab a salmon, hit it senseless against a rock, tear it open with her bare teeth and start eating. Barbarian indeed.

Genki sushi the octopus sushi is good, that yaki something chewy and good ebi fry crunchy and lite. Loved adding huge amts of green tea powder and having a 'strong' tea as opposed to Tab's weak tea. Weekends will be somewhat used for some pending assignments, why cos I am on that guinea pig plan. So I have more assignments than tab. But any free time I have is spent, mapling, sleeping or playing guitar. At least still did something I like. Try to create some memories over this period of time.

Watched 'Corpse Bride', a rather short but sweet film. Quite different from the feel of nightmare before christmas, also by Tim Burton. Watched on tuesday with my sisters. The humor is wicked but the end was kinda of cliche. Maybe cos it was adapted from a folktale and not an original script.

No comments: