Thursday, June 16, 2016

In a state of flux and stillness

There seems to be a lot of things happening in my family and also nothing happening in terms of moving forward.

My sis's episode set us back to staying mostly at home and deferring the next step to go back to Muar. Also the accountant who was doing the msian taxes hadnt finish yet. And the sinseh was ill two weeks back. Then my other sis is going to have her operation next week. All these coming together meant, we stayed home mainly. I stayed around to help out instead of heading out. Even on some weekends. Waiting til near the end of this month to go back to Muar to settle some stuff. I try to plan those free library courses and my own activities around all these happenings.

On my end, once I received the notification from CDP about the successful transfer of the few lots of shares to my cdp account, I got my mom to sign the account closure form and mailed it out. And I decided to go down to either of the three brokerages to try to close my Dad's accounts without my mom, and also pay off the remaining amts owed to them. The first one I went to, couldnt so that meant I didnt have to go to the other two. But at least for the first one, I paid off the amt owed and the lady gave me the forms for my mom to sign and mail back. She also made a photocopy of the grant and stapled the whole set. Just need her to sign and mail back. Hence that is the end of one account. Two more to go.

My mom was super busy and occupied with the ceremony last Sunday. So leading up to it, she was buying ingredients etc and I helped out in the preparation for the ingredients on Sat afternoon, evening and also on Sun morning. Then the next few days, she was busy making sure the food cooked was heated up and eaten. Too much of the oily food for my liking. I feel like eating simple and clean food.

Today I asked my mom if she was free. Tomorrow, I will accompany her to the two other brokerages to close the accounts. Cos at the moment, nothing much else happening. The calm before the next thing, my sis's operation, so quickly go and clear up another part of the estate stuff. Then I would be left with the NTUC share and one more bank account at the SG side.
__________________

Personally, I am at a very stagnated point. My endeavors - Bazi, FH's project, reading stock books and Malay are all stagnant. Even my exercise is very much reduced to 1kg dumbbells, body weight exercise. I miss KM sorely yet my knee havent recovered fully. Two weeks back, I was out for 4 consecutive days to JB, in town, in MarinaSquare and in Vivo. The amount of walking I did, hurt my right knee especially. I could feel the pain while walking about but didnt say much. Later on the sinseh told me got some internal bleeding. So ate meds and homebound to rest it but that made me stagnant...

Thing I did was mainly reading storybooks, did get some stock books, havent reached them yet, and did the baking. I did copy down the recipes for more cookies and pizza dough but havent gotten about to it because there is too much food left in the fridge since Sun. Have to wait until mainly finished before I can do something. So again, the feel of being stagnant.

No comments: