Thursday, December 01, 2005

ScareCrow Mania



I was lazing around at home on Tuesday when my youngest sister came back from her outing with friends and asked me,

"Hey u want to watch Batman Begin show at Raffles city?"

"Nah too lazy."

"Got Scarecrow leh... "

"Nah not the real Scarecrow, only the mask is real..."

"Can take pictures free of charge but got to bring own camera. I saw the photo taking today. My friend is smitten by Scarecrow cos he is very amusing to watch."

"Ok, if u want to go, then we all go together. Bring all our digital cameras there."

So on Thursday afternoon we happily met up to watch that performance. I came from hall. Had to arrive before 4pm cos you have to take a coupon to take pictures with them.



A nice back drop welcomed us. Then there was the queue. But OMG, we felt damn out of place cos we were surrounded by little, bright-eyed, batman-adoring kids!!! Imagine going to the queue, 3 "Big Kids" and take coupons which are just number tags and line up with the rest of the crowds which are all kids accompanied by parents. In fact we towered over them. Luckily Geoky's friends also came in another group so we felt a bit better.

Whilst queueing, we speculated how the Batman and ScareCrow felt when they see us, 3 BIG KIDS wanting to take photo with them. We laughed ourselves silly thinking how the parents, shoppers and even kids saw us as. But the wait was worth it though our faces burned still.



Argh my dream guy. Well out of the 3 characters there, he was the most active with varying poses whereas the other 2 were rather stiff. (I amaze myself with my photography sometimes)



While posing with them, both my sisters managed to shake hands with ScareCrow but I didnt cos by then, the cameraman wanted to take liao. And I didnt get to stand beside Scarecrow. *sob sob snivel snivel*

"Haha Scarecrow shook my hand leh, today not going to wash liao."

"Ya, mine still has his smell on it"

='(

After phototaking was a intermission until the performance at 7pm. Hence we went and ate dinner at Carls Junior Burger. All of us managed to eat an entire burger each as that was my only meal of the day but dabao the fries back to eat. We went back right on time and watched the performance. I was busy using my digital camera to record the Scarecrow dance solo part. YES! I was successful. *signs dreamily*



So now at home, Geoky and her friends, me and yingel all smitten by Scarecrow. They even contemplated to go down again for another show. It ends this sunday. Daily show 1pm, 7pm. Phototaking 3pm and 5pm. Queue one hr in advance for coupons.

Its enough for me. Reminds me so much of the hype for Sailor Moon many years back where I took photo with them too. Now I just want to buy the Batman Begins DVD.

No comments: