Sunday, March 04, 2007

Buying a 'hope' and paying for a ticket outta here

Well on friday, my body couldnt take the long hrs anymore and I came down with flu plus stomach flu. Hence my 3rd mc, just into the newly arrived March. (But I dun care anyway) Saw the doctor, had diarrhoea just b4 I saw him. Gave me flu medicine and stomach medicine. I asked the doc, whether there was anything that he can prescribe to boost energy levels. He advised enough rest and multi-vitamins. I'll try that out.

The interesting thing was the clinic was just next to the Singapore Pools, so when me and my mom walked past, and saw the CNY Ang Bao TOTO draw with prize money of $10m, we decided to buy. (still remember the Toto talk we had with ZX last time we met up) Well it was my first try at TOTO. Bought a ticket for system 7 based on the time I watched the doctor etc. (In case u wondering, we didnt win). I was kinda confused by the Toto system of betting etc so that night I visited the Spore Pool webpage.

Now have a clearer idea. Now I will be buying Toto every week. Buying only 6 digits, ie Quickpick that will set me back about $4 a week for 2 draws per week. Still thinking about the 4D. Those interested, I created an Excel spreadsheet that can generate random numbers for both 4D and Toto when I had just newly graduated. In anticipation that I would "invest" in both but never acted upon it until now. For now, I just let the system pick. Maybe will use that file for 4D. See how first. Well IF lucky, that $4 is my ticket outta the current dump I am in. Well but we all know the probability of striking is 1.705^ -8 ie 0.00000001705 but as what everyone is saying, "its buying a hope." I will just spend $4 bucks less per week lor.

Anyway a welcome break for me. So I rested and mapled online on friday and sat morning. Definitely got enough sleep for myself. Felt happier cos I havent touched maple much for the past 2 weeks. Everyday I reached home exhausted, too tired and sleepy to do anything. On some days, I tried to stay awake but later just dozed off around 9pm and slept to the next day, where I wake up still feeling tired. Then met up with Tab for jap lesson thereafter we headed to VivoCity, cos I havent been there at all. Well gave her a treat for her bdae and we went off around 10.30pm, both of us still recovering from our illness.

Today I slept late and woke up to face the music. Had 1 CA paper and 2 stacks of compo plus lesson plan plus observation lesson plan. Had thought I could finish the CA paper within 3hrs but it took almost 5hrs to do so. Now left with compo and lesson plans. Will be doing one compo and the lesson plans. The other compo is for tom. Cos still have one more CA paper tom to mark as I was absent on fri. Hence dun overwork myself.

Had a bath and ate and now blogged. Thinking of going out to 'shan shan xin' but sadly Ginza Plaza has closed. It closed on 28th Feb to undergo renovations for 2yrs. So no more air-con place for me to 'hang around'. Then at Clementi Central they are still building that Mall cum HDB flat thing so again I feel like going out for a short while but have nowhere near with aircon to go to. Sometimes is not really even for the aircon but just to go out when things get too stifling. To walk it out of the system.

Think I will still go out for a short walk, so that I dun grow mushrooms staying at home too much.

No comments: