Monday, February 26, 2007

Feeling downz over the weekends but friends help me tide over

Friday
Yar was kinda feeling down. In fact one of the lowest in months on friday. Had an argument with a student's parent on hp whilst I had just arrived was was walking around in Marina Square while waiting for the rest to turn up for Quetzal's bdae dinner.

To cut the incident short, it was resolved over the phone but it left a damn bad taste in my mouth, spoiling whatever TGIF mood I had for the weekends. Not to mentioned, i had a few missed calls which I refuse to call back. Just switch off the phone and intend to on it only on Monday. I kinda had no mood to walk much after that. I just headed down to "Smokeapelli Rastafari" a shop with the beach theme to buy another tribal bracelet for myself. Ended buying 2 keychains and a marine blue tribal bracelet for $10. The words on one the keychains read "I'm stoned" that sums up how I wanted to be. After that I headed to the 7-11 to grab a drink and stone on a chair outside Cartel. Was re-reading my tarrot reading to find if this was 'part of the deal' and to glimpse deeper meaning.

But I managed to squeeze that negative aspect out of my mind whilst the rest finally arrived. We had a good dinner at Cartel with tarrot reading for Quet n Candle regarding love. Basically similar reading - to resolve some internal issues first or things will repeat itself. Err didnt dare to do for Krynnder n bf, in case something not so good propped up.

Anyway we continued over at Azabu, over hot tea and dessert. Esp with readings for job prospects using Candle's deck. Me? Fool(R), 3 Cups (R) and 7 Pentacles (U). Supposedly things will not be good but will turn up better eventually. Dunno hope the good comes quickly. Anyway career was really on everybody's minds, and everyone did a reading for their jobs.

A walkaway from the meeting. Maybe its good to try out Toto. The $3.50 thing. Think when I reached home, I did some light resistance exercise to start my resolve to squeeze in exercises and reading and guitar.

Saturday
Was still kinda down but didnt maple. Just slept alot cos very tired. Didnt do anything constructive but rest and read some comices. Think I took out the guitar to tune it and played 6+ songs before fingers pain.

Sunday
Was still feeling sulky and down cos thinking what other crap was in-stored for me once I go back. The unanswered calls didnt help. Thinking about those didnt help. So with many things weighing still on my mind, I headed out to meet my JC friends in Clark Quay area around 3pm.

We went to Settler's cafe and played 2 games. A no-brainer block building game which collapses and 'Settlers'which we had played before. A resource game. With us were Shub, who will be getting married. So we quizzed her on her partner. We throughly enjoyed the game so much so, whatever things on my mind went right out the window. "Basket! Shit! (*$#&$#" when we threw a lousy throw of the die, no one wanted to trade their resource or bargained for more. Haha. We stayed for 3hrs and I was the ultimate winner, accumulating 10 points and winning the game b4 the time expired. It was so fun!

Anyway after that we went to eat at some restaurant in Clark Quay and talked alot. Many talks centred on topics like marriage, catching up on each others' life and happenings, career and investment, even health. Interestingly out of the 7 of us, 5 have had a recent change of jobs. Me being the only one stuck cos of bond, the other staying on due to increment. The general outlook seems to be most want to stay on with their new or current job for another 2yrs. To 'dom' through this period to save up, gain exposure. Kinda sad at hearing that. I did also voice out my unhappiness with my job/load/hrs/distance. They told me to call for transfer. Think I will try it again. The outing was so memorable that it was kinda sad that everyone has to work the next day, hence it ended around 10pm. Well I didnt go back alone. Most of us stayed in the West, hence all took the same bound train and chatted more on the way home.

I reached home and decided to clear one piece of work I dabaoed. Cos I anticpate myself to be too busy and short of time to do that work. So did up the namelist for the Sports day, consolidated the events once and for all from the scribblings. Then printed out. At first thought I needed to even write out the names and the events for the consent form. THEN I remembered, I am in-charge. So I decided to 'arrow' someone to do that job. Cos I had done alot liao, do up consolidated list and already printed out the consent forms. Hence on Monday, I just put on the colleuges' table and told her to split among her team to distribute. Which she did.

Monday
Not a good day. Very noisy and inattentive when I went thru CA paper. Think they know so much, fine, screw urselves when a similiar question turns up. Shouted myself hoarse. Then I got a piece of paper, with my name on it. Kena arrowed for some course which entails extra work eg ppt/lesson one. I was looking at that paper and thinking to myself "Why is it the other pple are at Coordinator level and me only a BT is inside?" WTF!!! Kinda put my mood in a fouler one than it already was. Finished the first half of the day.

Had a second half due to CCA. I was kinda pissed off and fuming by then and also starting to feel light-headed and nauseous. Didnt eat my brunch until near 4pm, survived on istonic drink.

I had to try on one equipment, a short briefing cum meeting, then go onboard a bus with Seed projects, then found out the training schedule for the cca. The coach said, as per normal, mon, wed and sat. So I had to do up consent form. Then the cca head told me some dates for some events that are like lagi near, so have to do bus-booking forms. Then I go and check attendance of the cca, which was quite bad due to the CA. Hence I happily and in a pissed manner, cancelled the rest of the training for the week.

Yay! Showed off my power. Cancelled out some dates from the consent form, handed over to students, talked over with overall in-charge, finished up the bus-booking form, handed over. Packed my bags and went home. Clocked out at 3.30pm, my earliest in the 2 months. I have left at 2pm before but that was for course only which entailed ending around 5.30pm. I resisted the urge to go home by cab. Reached home 4.30pm, ate my brunch and went to have a nap. Woke up for dinner at 8pm feeling better and bathed.

Now feeling a bit better to blog about it. Dabaoed one paper. Will try to do some of it. Then read my next chpt of Technical Investment then zzzz. Think I go read first then do the marking. That tranfer issue thingy think will call soon. Will scold them upside down if they give me crap answers again. Am not having any Mr Nice disposition nowadays. Too much shit on my platter liao.

Tom will be another long day. Have some massive fire evacuation thingy, real life simulation type. I kena the search-and-find team, so have to walk and climb up and down one. Now only wished this week will be a bit lighter with no cca.

Another walkaway, I have the POWER! (He-man line)Listening to the nice songs of The Gazette to feel happier. K good nite.

No comments: