Tuesday, August 14, 2007

KL trip Reloaded (this time, next time will be Remixed =P )

On Friday afternoon around 3pm, I had packed up for the 2nd trip with Uni friends to KL. Looking back, its been *gasps* almost 5-6 years since the first shopping trip to KL with Tab, Krynnder, Candle and Quetzal. Time really flies.

Yet this is exciting in many aspects and different too.

For one, Fake Husband (aka FH) was driving - we sped 300km down to KL at a breakneck speed of 150km/hr. The most my dad clocked was 90km/hr. It seems like a jiffy then we were in KL.

A second difference was the accomodation. We stayed at the Concord KL, which FH said was the worse lot of the 5-star hotels there. Well it was much bigger with better facilities (flat-screen tv, bathtub, walk-in wardrobe) than the cheapo hotel we stayed last time. Though we had to squeeze 3 rather big-sized ladies on the bed and a guy on the ergonomical couch, it was still enjoyable in that aspect. I have stayed in worse places, so it seems heavenly. Even my bro's place, grandparent's place all much much pale in comparision.

Financial purchasing power is much much bigger this time. Both FH and I brought an average of RM$1.1k per pop. Luckily we brought extra cos Tab n Quetzal brought near to nil... I had thought that by bringing so much, its definitely enough for me to spend, so I didnt bring my msia ATM card with about RM$3k inside along. Man I was wrong. Note to self - Next trip to Msia, to carry atm card irregardless. Food was the one that we kinda splurged on. Well money well-spent, cos its all halved in Sing dollars.

Yet there are things that are similar to the previous KL trip. For one, we didnt buy much, and interestingly all of us bought 2 pairs of footwear. Mine was a pair of POWER flip flops and a pair of BUM canvas shoes (forgot the term), costing a grand total of RM$70 only. Huh? Think Tab's and Quetzal's shoes cost only a bit more .

We went to similar shopping places as last time, KLCC and Bukit Bintang shopping. Man so much has changed. So much more different than last time. Either I was not aware of brands then or KLCC has much more stuff than last time.

Then there are NEW experiences.
(Fri)
Along the way, we ate at msia KFC, the first in at least 5 years. Nice with free flow of chilli sauce.

After the three of us, FH, Tab and I arrived and checked into the Premier room, Tab fell fast asleep shortly due to headache. FH and I headed out near 9pm, we talked and walked til we reached the Bukit Bintang area about 2km from the Hotel. It didnt seem that far cos we were chatting about the numerous 5 star hotels that lined that street. Near the Hotel was an entire street of clubs and pub. We passed that and headed to the Lot 10 area cos FH highly recommend this 'Liang Xin' massage place. He mentioned that it was purely massage, nothing extra. So we went there and I had my FIRST back and shoulder massage while he did a foot session. It cost RM$50 per 45mins. There is only one word to describe it - PAIN! Totemo PAIN. The young lady who did me was very strong though she looked about Quetzal's size. I was laid on my front while she did the back first then moving onto the head. I kinda have a high threshold for pain, yet I almost nearly scream out and hit the ground with my hand saying "I submit" like those wrestling matches submission holds.... Sidenote, those very painful spots still hurt on Sunday when we drove back to spore. Strangely when I looked over at FH, who eventually did a foot and body massage. Yet he was not the least in pain, until the guy accidentally kneeled onto his love handles. Either his pain threshold dam high or their pain neural network dam screwed up.

Well after that session, we headed on walking, til the backlane of roadside stalls. We went and found a good RAMI burger stall. Its at the back of the lane. We had a juicy and crispy Ayam Special for a mere RM$2.50. It had mayo and chilli sauce with onions, cucumber, lettuce, patty cut into half and fried and egg wrapped. Both of us made a mess eating. The ice milo and nescafe was very thick and nice. Its a match in heaven. Yum yum, should have eat more of it then, haha.

Then we headed back, walking back to the hotel near 1am. There was time enough for a nice shower and even time to clear email(FH) and mark compo(me). We set off after 2am to fetch Quetzal from the bus station. It was still a dingy area. Then we headed back to that food street for some char quay tiao. Drank another round of nice thick milo. Unfortuanately the cqt not as nice, yet we saw some cool and expensive mercedes. An SL55 model with the licence plate W1. Later we headed back and slept for the night. Most of us slept near 4am.

SAT
Yet magically I woke up near 7.30am. Went back to sleep then around 9am, the MIA Tab and I went for the complimentary 2 breakfasts. Quetzal and FH slept in. The breakfast was good, I had 3 rounds, eating enough breakfast to last an entire week. When we went back bloated, FH was out with his cousins. Then we all headed out to KLCC. Well we visited SPADE and more. I was more interested in the Bata than the branded stuff. After that we ate at the Secret Recipe. Took a cab to Bukit Bintang for more shoes. Then after I brought Tab and Quetzal to the 'Liang Xin' then headed back to the hotel. I was getting hungry, dabao a pack of Malay food, took the Metrojaya LRT 2 stops back to the hotel. Ate and had a nice dip in the bath-tub. Then slept on the free bed. That was already near 5pm.

Next thing I knew, both were back. Quetzal slept and me too. We woke up near 8.30pm and headed out for dinner. Tab was feeling ill then she did her 'concuss' act on the bed. Both of us headed out, contemplating to either eat at the Hard Rock Cafe or the wood-baked pizza place we passed by on the walk to KLCC. we headed hungrily for the latter. The name is "Langkawi Bar - Beach Club Cafe". We had a Langkawi set; a pizza, a jug of pepsi, chicken wings and garlic bread. Ordered a pint of Carlsburg draft beer. One word "Oiishi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Totemo. The sound system was good that the songs they played sounded good. Near 9pm, they had a live band. Some songs were nice especially when the male lead singer didnt sing. haha the other members sounded nicer lah.

We went back later and I dozed off soon. Poor Quetzal, no mobility. FH was out to meet his cousins and friends, Tab n I were dead to the world. She was watching cable tv until she dozed off too.

SUN
The final morning saw me waking up at another ungodly hour of near 7.30am. I tried to sleep but couldnt. Might as well, I took a long shower, got changed and finish my packing. Tab - the supposedly 'Morning' person was still dead near 8.30am. I had to nudge her awake. We went for the second compimentary breakfast. Another round of eating a week's worth of breakfast. We headed back and got packed. Checked out near 12pm and headed to Jalan Imbi for the famous bah kut teh. It was nice. My first bah kut teh in god-knows-how-many-years (more than 7years). Headed back to Spore.

Reached near 5pm, luckily no jam at first causeway. We went to Clementi for Botak Jones meal. And I got home. Spent some time bathing and unpacking then went online to maple a bit.

On the whole, it was really an interesting trip. There were elements that were similar yet so totally different. Definitely enjoyed it alot more. In fact on Monday morning while heading down to work in the cab, up until 10am, I was still in the holiday-mood. My soul was still in KL... enjoying the night life, living it up with the good food, not having to worry about waking up.... *signz*

No comments: