Thursday, September 20, 2007

Muar Chinese n lifestyle

A funny video that is scoring huge hits and gaining my hometown 'fame'.



Yep showing many aspects of the Muar lifestyle I've led in the past.

"Ma bo de hua yu,
wo gan dao shi beh hua hi,
li bei song,
wo jiu hor li kua wa zhong kin zi gi"
Nice chorus. Haha

Many elements are familiar to me when I've watched this video.


1) Wetex the only decent shopping centre to go to, to buy pirated dvds
2) Tanjung - go there to watch the monkey and watch pple feed monkey... lao gao
3) Early morning eat shiu mai, not HK style ones, but the coarser Hokkein style ones... sho bi
4) Tanjung early morning, got old pple do the Tai Chi Qi Gong 18 styles. Last time when I was very young, it was very very 'in'. Early in the morning, the radio will play... "Hu... Xi.... Hu.... Xi..." (breathe in, breathe out)
5) The travesites - the fond memory where my aunt drove us around at nite to try to catch a glimpse. Only saw one kinda wrapped up one. Then the story of them hanging around their petrol station pumps after closing hrs.
6) Muar known for the furniture biz and its mainly done by Chinese.
7) Yar and the chinese and malays dun really live in racial harmony. Do call each other names though I dun know what those malay words mean.

No comments: