Friday, October 11, 2013

Managing?

For the past 3 weeks, I have been eating either Hainanese curry economic rice or Nasi Bryani for dinner and drinking a simple Coke Zero Tequila to sleep, sometimes a Korean Makkoli (rice beer). Stressed, still am but trying to deal with it, with partial success at times.

The only good thing from all these stress, is that for my weight, instead of going up, it went down, despite these unhealthy items. The main reason is cos either I ate a very lite breakfast or nothing except for black coffee and my lunch is super light, many a times is you tiao n tao suan from buying in the morning. Been so hectic I hardly go out to buy, so end up with morning breakfast food as lunch, a couple of mee pok, even wan ton soup. So my pants are still loose. 

Am trying to manage my fatigue and stress level realistically. This week though I skipped KM, due to exams marking and books checking, plus period, so super-weak on those days that I would have otherwise gone for, but I was kinda glad to skip. Body grateful but without the workout to keep stress at bay, felt it more, like pent-up. It helped when I went to practice the drums, but only once and the effect doesn't last as long as a good workout does. 

Next week aim to go for a double-double cos Monday I had something up so had to push to Wed n Thur, keeping Fri free. Think I will do dips to condition my triceps more. Do feel myself getting a bit soft.

This year, work is really draining and the students I've encountered differed from the previous batches. Also the incidents I've encountered are different... Talk about thinking that I've seen them all this far... Think I need to re-evaluate that.

No comments: