Sunday, April 20, 2014

Counting Calories Again

Its always so much easier to gain weight than to lose weight. The former would entail eating til your heart's & stomach are contented. The latter meant having limited amount of food. Like now my stomach is growling but I can't indulge it. Its like the stomach got used to lots more food so now lesser food, growls. Mouth also needs restraining. It got user to being able to eat lots of savory food in a day.

I started calorie counting again. From last Mon, 14th April. I would keep it up and try to consume within my defined calories, 1600. And according to the app, it would see me losing that unwanted 5kg in 10 weeks time... (which incidentally is about the duration I have been eating uncontrollably) Just that when one is enjoying the food, lack of control, time dpes seems to pass quickly. In this calorie-limiting days, just getting thru one week felt long.

Food choice is important. Like how I could eat a foot-long subway sandwuch for dinner and still be within my limit but how the combinations of Frankenstein hotdog, chilli con carne with tortilla (lunch) and my earlier 1litre of milk (breakfast) meant I had only a measly 250 calories for dinner. But I had lunch very late, near 3.30pm so wasnt hungry ao just ate a few pieces of steamed chicken and the chicken liver. That petit dinner kept me within my calorie-limit.

This coming week, I have to eat lunch in class, so sian. I bought cans of tuna, low fat milk, oatmeal squares and bread. Will be eating tuna sandwiches *urgh* The very thought sounds like torture. Indeed on one hand, I can exploit it and eat healthily, building up some deficits. Luckily I can say goodbye to sweetened drinks permanently. Think I will try to exercise a little cos feeling "pent-up". Also see if my shoulder is ok enuff to exercise a bit.

No comments: