Saturday, April 05, 2014

Cajun Chicken Breast fillets & French Toast with strawberries n syrup

After 2 consecutive dinners of pre-made Tempura fish fillets and then Fish fingers dinner with bread, lettuce and tomatoes. Decided I wanna go to chicken breast cos I intend to restart my diet monitoring... let myself go in the past 2.5 months that I havent exercised fromthe shoulder injury. Plus the stress and then the holidays meant I didnt control my eating. Have lots of cleaning up to do.

Yesterday tried out the Cajun chicken breast. Itwas a recipe I found online. It is supremely easy. The chicken breasts I let it thaw and separate into 4 batches of 6 breast fillets in ziplock bags. Chuck the rest into the freezer. In the one I would cook, pour in olive oli, cajun spice from a bottle, added thr multi purpose spice and minced garlic. Massaged with the bag and chuck in chiller to marinate.

Cooking is easy, heat up olive oil over small fire and fry each side 3-4mins. I used a knife to cut thru to check its cooked through. Ate it and it was very moist inside. Flavorful from the marinade. Didnt add sauce. Also did a plain simple garlic aglio olio. Ate that for my experimental lunch. Later before I went out, I cooked for my sis.

Today I made soba for breakfast cum lunch. Around 2pm I got the munchies and decided to try out french toast. The recipe included quick, light- fry in the pan followed by toasting in the oven. Its less soggy than a pure frying in oil. Had Korean strawberries and cut a few and put on top. Drizzled pancake syrup over. I tasted the plain, plain with strawberries and one with everything. The first was plain but just like light tasting toast. The second had sweetness from the strawberries and the third had the syrup and strawberries taste much enhanced and the chewy texture of the toast made it slightly cake-like. Interesting how the flavors and textures play out. That was my "lunch".

Dinner I am going no carb cos I over ate the carbs - 2 servings soba and 5 slices of bread. Going to cook Cajun chicken breasts, Fish fillet Papillote (trying out) and blanched oyster sauce 小白菜. Plus tofu for me and bread for sis. My appetite is huge and its a challenge to rein in.

No comments: