Sunday, August 30, 2015

Don't want this to end...

Tomorrow is the last day do the vacation. Sigh,  I dint want to dace the long marathon term with all the changes.

Lemme look at his rather eventful holiday: things did

July 31 - ate a delicious meal at Royal Mail with Quet.

Aug 1 -  accompanied Geoky to "shuan Lin" temple and ate at Strove waffles, all the way in Toa Payoh

Aug 2 - Went for our first durian buffet at GoodWoodpark with Quet. Ate a bellyful of dessert for dinner.

Aug 3 - Resumed Krav Maga after a long absence due to feeling unwell, and work. Glad to try to be more active and regain my fitness.

Aug 3-10 - Massive spring cleaning do the room to move furniture and shelves about, to create a working space and also cleared up shelves so can store things more efficiently instead of letting mom'sthing encroach and end up more and more stacked boxes that eats up more and more of the space. The first three days, I bagged up my things and her things. My things were easy, can throw or put together, hers weren't and I had to repack them. And arrang them before I could work on my own. Took me longer than expected to pack and wipe and then sort and arrange. For my own stuff, I threw out a lot. Recycled those that were a pity so they get a second lease of life and a little bit goes to Salvation Army. Can be reused, resold. Still left with maybe 5% but those final ones, are seemingly the toughest to try to finish off. Let me see if I can clear a bit more.

Aug 12-16 - flew to Bangkok for my solo trip. It was a good one, I completely forgot about the things until I came back and the news of the explosion came about. The news did distract me. I didn't focus as much on things except tidy, go for KM and follow the news update.

Aug 20 - went to JB with parents for a long yet unproductive trip. That made me considered my plan to go into JB using the buses. Initially I was out off by this but I realized I had better go and see how it's done.

Aug 24-25 - DF flies off and I had a 'staycation' of sort at Tab's place. Used the oppt to go to New Ubin's seafood to try their Angus beef ribeye. A feast indeed. The foei gras with egg n truffle oil is delicious. The serve of the ribeye was good, with the beef oil drippings fired rice. Their choc lava cake with vanilla ice cream was good.  Did help myself to more vanilla ice cream and choc lux baileys. The next morning, I just stayed indoors until Tab returned from work. We ate a late lunch at a coffee place nearby. Then headed to Junction 8. That night I went to KM, catching a ride with Tabs bro. I didn't know there were so many stalls just behind the street from the KM venue. Learn something new. Time to explore if I reach there early next time.

Aug 26 - I went to JB  on my own p, without telling my parents, in case they would nag. I made up my plans on the go. But the first part, already went wrong. Saw and ended up on the wrong bus to JE, so I took bus 160. It went a scenic route. Down memory lane as it went past Bukit Batok, Teck  Whye. Cos it was mid-week, I cleared and arrived past noon. Did take my time, going to the loo at the immigration customs so I did not rush up the same bus at the immigration point.  Once I arrived, I headed to the RHB bank to settle banking things, set a current account, internet banking. Those took a while and I was very hungry after it was done. Went to look for lunch. Decided  to try the Sushi King which I had no chance to try if I go with Dad. The conveyor belt sushi for single diners didn't look fresh so I ordered ala carte. Their mix and match menu, I chose a don and a udon and miso chawamushi set. Free hot tea. Fresh and warm meal for S$8, worth it. I actually met two office aunties colleagues. They recommended me to buy the egg tart from Lavendar. I went to the bookshop, bought a few stationary and then dabao quite a bunch of breads home, charcoal loaf, azuki bread loaf, scones, three egg tarts, a horn, a caramel long bread, a plain pastry. And had a iced honey milk tea. Spent an equivalent of S$38, quite worth it. Coming back was easy cos this time I got off at Kranji mrt, so after that was mrt transfers and bus home. Came back and saw the exchange rate hit RM$3 and queued up in the long queue to change some.

Aug 28 - First time Cat Cafe and a violin performance, not free but quite worth it. Nice music and the use of loops. The fat flurry cat stole all of our hearts by being active and letting us stroke it. The rest were pretty shy.

Aug 30 - Helped out in the KM grading taking place, I reached around 10am. It wasn't compulsory for me to help but since the main instructor asked and he has been nice to me, I didn't mind helping out since I won't be working the following Mon. My final day of the holiday. I was tasked with mainly taking pics. No complaints, I was spared having to do heavier work of being the assailant etc but after hours of standing, my feet kinda tired. We all had a KM get-together, our main sponsored for helping out. Got a decent meal and after everything, left around 4.30pm. Like that one day is mainly over.

Final day, I have some minor errands that won't take long. There goes the plan to do work during thr holidays. I am refusing to do anything. Not that it's urgent or even necessary, things of my own initiative.

No comments: