Sunday, October 10, 2004

Within a blink or is it many many blinks of the eye, its almost a mth into being an Educator. Nowadays I am running pretty low in energy. Cos most of my weeks thus far has been a 7-day-week. So far, been back for 3 out of 4 sats. Then coupled with tuition. Totemo tsekareta. Have to last until the end of the year, then I will evaluate whether I want to continue this type of work hrs and strain for the 'extra cash'. But to me, tuition previously until I landed a perm job, was an impt source of income. It supplemented my low pay. Though the hours can be punishing, so far with exception of one case whom I sacked, I enjoyed teaching tuition. At least it feels good that u are helping them out, igniting interests, seeing improvements both in results and understanding. Its becos I enjoyed tuition thus far, that led me to consider being an Educator. Until then, I still have 4 more weeks til the end of all exams. Of course it didnt help that I myself have a chisai test coming up next week. It is also useful as I can observe myself how I handle queries and can help spot potential problems students face in the various topics.

Well last week had a very intensive week of relief duties. Only had one very bad case of handling a class. The good thing is that I am getting practical experience so that I will not be shocked later on. Moreover I have guidance from my collegues so I am thankful. So far work doesnt feel like work. Its only the waking up and travelling part. In other aspects, its okay lor. So far i feel that I can get thru to some students. They greet me whenever they see me. Some will raise their hands to ask me qns, or start conversations. The few aspects to work on is my voice projection and adapting to teaching a class instead of an individual. Therein lies the main difference between being a tutor and an Educator.

Days pass quickly cos whenever I open my eyes, its off to work. Then after a nap in the afternoons, the next time I open my eyes, its off to tuition. After I reach home, the next time I open my eyes, its another day. I have had a pretty punishing schedule ever since I started work in the middle of last year. True enough, family and friends are worried that I am running low on energy. Well I will definitely review at the end of the year. Actually I doubt I will sit idle for long. I might just fill up the hours with courses eg Akido, electric guitar, regular gym workout sessions, language courses, hours and hours of gaming etc. It might just be back to square one.

No comments: