Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Its been a while since my last entry...

Well term has started and I have been 'promoted' to the rank of BT, and am starting as a FT with my own class. I am armed without a float and cast into the sea with tsunami waves in-coming. That sums up the situation very nicely.

I am still struggling with the delivery in class part, unfamilarity with the place, things, syllabus and more, coupled with syallabus to cover, wb to finish and weekly tasks to do and I have almost nearly DROWNED on several occasions. And on top of that. I have to shout fiercely at the class at least once a day. With 4 heavenly kings to tackle. What a paradise? *sign* Having a sore throat now.

So currently taxi early to work to go mark stuff, mark 2+ hours then go to class. After at least 7 periods, the day ends... I drag myself home. Bathe, eat and maple to destress. Tired but sometimes have difficulty sleeping as the brain is going through mentally the things for the next day, or possible lesson plans and even how to handle the misbehaviours... This happens especially when I didnt get to maple enough like today. Lag until I only played less than 1hour and now I cant get to sleep. Then I tend to wake up bloody early, way ahead of my alarm time. Just today I woke up at 630am even though I set for 8.45am. And the sky was still dark but just dunno why I had to wake up. Must be that stupid rubbish truck... Have to push work out of the brains. I have been going early to work since monday, today also, tom also to clear up marking. If I can finish, I am just going in on time on thur n fri, which are both my heavy days.

My cough is not aiding me at all. The cold in the office, coupled with warm classrooms only serves to make me cough like I have TB. I dun cough so much at home or wat but once in aircon place then out to warm places, the coughing fits starts. Surprisingly the P6 class that I took, a concerned student asked if I was seeing the doctor. Incidentally that is the only class I enjoyed. Taking them for HE and when I told them I played Maple, instant connection, cos almost everyone played. So easy for me, they listen and do my work, extra time I let them talk with their friends or talk maple with them. Sweet *cartman style*

Erm form class so far, do enjoy PE with them... Rest am working on it. Trying to be a better BT. Anyway I got some encouragement today ironically. U see in the earlier part of the day, the lesson went pretty good. After recess, during art, it was horrible! Shouted myself hoarse... Then later maths class went decently. The last part was PE and it went pretty well. During the PE, a collegue saw the smiles on their face and wanted to take photo. So I had to repeat the game and let him do so. So some sort of positive encouragement. Another is later VP told me that he observed my class earlier and found it to be good?!? That most are attentive except for a few. Err luckily he didnt see my art class. *Faint* Well I am trying to improve so I dun cause them to fail or wat. And also so that I wont go crazy soon.

I saw my brother on Maple a week back and then I was kinda stressed and sian. He's teaching tuition in a small town. I kinda envy him and have some work fatique so I commented that if I served finish my 3 year bond, I might jolly well quit and join him there. Bum for half a year then start doing some tuition too. You dun really earn as much as spore. Maybe around 1.5-2k RM but hey the cost of living in a small town is pretty low. Could be as low as 500RM depending on how frugal one is. Not a bad idea. Earn and save up for 3 years, change to RM then bring back there to bum and spend and teach some tuition. Wont make it as a rich or famous person but live a simple, not-so-hectic-life. Each day a few hours, rest of the day is yours, drive a small car around town, bum, time to do things you like, sleep until late late. Hmm sounds good. Maybe the half year bumming, I can finally go visit Japan during the cherry blossom period! Wont ever have a chance unless they bloom in June or December.

Its not a rational plan but an idea I am toying with to help ease the pain that I am in. Its a nice daydream to think about what I am going to do then when I am free. Its also nice whenever I look at the blue blue sky and remember the seabreeze in Redang, sitting on top of that cafe with a ice-cold Vodka Strobe and staring out at the crystal blue sea. *Signs*

No comments: