Monday, July 03, 2006

Not enough sleep? restlessness?

I dunno about the rest, but recently I am suffering from not enough sleep and some sort of restlessness.

During weekdays, I am trying to sleep before 12am and wake up around 8am or earlier. But failed miserably in the waking up part. Even on weekends, after waking up, the only thing I feel like is to go back to sleep. Guess have to work on it to have a more scheduled life and less stress from the seemingly lack of time and sleep. Maybe will have to designate certain early days, and rest is normal days instead of having to go early everyday.

Restlessness seems to stamp from the 'swimming without float' situation tat I am currently in. And also the exponential increase in workload. No resources means I have to make my own and improvise, no worksheets means I have to make/print my own, no idea of where certain lessons are stopped means I have to ask class and find out and makes planning irritating. Basically it translates to ALOT of work on my own time and expense, way beyond the teaching and marking, way beyond the hours, way alot more effort and time on my part than I am somewhat willing to part with. My sister mentioned that when u are happy in a job, you do what u have to do. But if u dislike it, you will be tired cos u fight with yourself everyday. I am not sure which camp I am in, guess I am in the "watashi wa hataraku no ga kiraidesu" camp. Hopefully things will look up when i schedule certain days as long days and certain days as short days.

Therefore on Saturday, after jap and dinner. Just felt too pent-up and wanted to do 'something' but dunno wat it is. In the end I decided to walk along the Spore river from the Esplanade. Yup we walked a very very long walk with Tab giving me a guided tour about certain attractions in each place. (Refer to Tab's blog) for more details. By the time we reached Orchard, we had chalked up 13500 steps for a whopping 5.3km. Yep I have my padeometer on to measure my activity or inactivity. Keeping an eye on my diet also, though exercise seems lacking... After that walk, I felt better, not so pent-up anymore. See how it goes after next week, maybe more walks around Spore.

Just finished my weekly lp after much procrasination until I cannot take it anymore, hanging at the back of my mind that I finally sat down and got it done up. Most of it is done except for a bit of minor details which I have to quickly fill in by tomorrow. Now I have some materials lacking which I have to get (on my own expense) and WS for tomorrow remedial. Sian, I wanna sleep and laze around. But at least I have done something so far. Left is to go over and quickly get something cheap and can be used for tom. Then have to study for jap test. Due to my session, I am not able to make it for the weekday test times at all. So I have to take it alone on the Saturday and in one sitting, think not enough time for retest since graduation is on that very Sunday. Somehow memory not as good so study earlier while I still can.

Oh also hardly time enough to Maple, about 1-1.5hr. Even less when it gets so laggy or I am too tired to do so. Just want to sleep by then. Sign. Is this the way life goes? Hope not. Hmm how to fit in 'lessons' like guitar or martial arts? Hmm lemme think about it.

No comments: