Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thigh injured, Chinese Medicine and Accupenture

This is an old post, been too tired to blog about it. I bent down and supported the weight on my left thigh a few times one day at the workplace and next thing I knew, it hurt really bad. Plus after 2 heavy days of climbing up and down stairs, by Friday I was limping.

I pasted medicated plasters daily twice a day. But by Friday late evening/morning of Sat, it was obviously swollen such that one thigh looks bigger than the other. Hurt bad so I decided to go visit the TCM I went the other time for my ankle on Sat.

Queued really long cos lots of elderly on Sat. But I had accupenture done on my thigh. It stings really when the needles are adjusted to 'go in more' after the first 10 mins. Plus got to do a follow-up 3 days later. Got enough powdered Chinese medicine to drink. Yuck, my "Brown Milo"....

I dilligently stayed home, moved about very little and drank the medicine twice daily. Sure enough by the following Wed, I was almost fully healed. The swelling went down on Sunday and hurt much much less. So that sinseh is really power, even though the second follow-up I declined the accupenture.

I got another 7 days of medication and drank that last week. Just went yestereday on Wed for the next follow-up. For my long-term cough and seemingly more than usual hair drop. Maybe is the state of health and stress. So I think I will be drinking my "brown milo" for several months.

I am down to the last bottle of Somerbys so that is an indication of my stress level. Hope to go for Krav Maga L3 next week.

Into the final count-down of the freaking long school term. Just another 3 more workdays. Very obvious, I am not the only one running out of steam. It's on many people's faces. This is a record where I havent mc in 16 weeks consecutively.

But due to the injury, I didnt exercise for almost 2 weeks. Need to condition and get back into shape. Plus been too mentally tired that I end up sleeping really early, as early as 9pm, and wake up at 4am. Bleah, it's almost over for now.

No comments: