Sunday, July 07, 2013

Trading 2 days of KM for other stuff to do

In the end, I didn't go for KM on Thur n Sat. Fell asleep very early on Wed, by the time I woke, it was 2am. So didn't msg. On Thur I felt the body's fatigue, decided to go watch a movie at JCube, to break the monotony. Also use the opportunity to explore the new mall, Jem. But my plans to finally catch the Man of Steel was thwarted cos it ended its run. Argh... fine, it was either Despicable Me 2 or the Lone Ranger. Decided to watch the latter  and a later show, 9.30pm so that I could eat my dinner and also explore around.

Ate KFC 2-piece meal, an improvement from the usual 3-pieces. Added a small coleslaw n diet coke. After that, I walked around JCube, before heading over to Jem. It has shops that you can find in town like H&M, Marks & Spencer's, Uniqulo and some other unique shops that meant one doesn't really have to travel all the way to town. Cos the west is not that near to town.

I ended up buying 2 packs of butter-mint sweets, a pack of potato chips recommended by Zuan. The exotic flavor with truffle oil. Then I went to the NTUC and ended up with salmon sushi. I find I am developing a taste for raw salmon, cos the last few times, I have been buying those boxed variety sushi that comes with salmon sushi n I rather enjoyed eating it with wasabi n soya sauce. This was my first box of pure salmon sushi. 

Went back to JCube and sat at the spectator stand for half hr, waiting for the movie to start and also read thru my own KM notebook to revise. 

The movie was amusing cos of Johnny Depp. It's a good movie to put your brain on the backseat. But I didn't realize the time until it ended. It was midnight! So I rushed out during the credits n hopped on this bus but it only dropped me halfway cos its those half service type. Manages to grab a cab that cos me $7. Ok, given I rather enjoyed the whole night out, exploring n watching movie.

Fri, I had to decide if I wanted to go KM. Met Tab n DF for sukiyaki dinner, ate lots of meat. Later we played Wii at the game lounge. That 2 hours felt really long playing Raving Rabbits - Time travel. No instructions n we felt stupid n old initially cos didn't know. Was kena trashed by them. Now I know I can't dance, think, run or fly... It was kinda fun and don't mind playing others.

Sat - went out with parents n sis to IMM for early lunch. Ate a karage n tempura soba bento plus a bowl of rice. My sis looked on as I ate and asked why add the rice. I told her I better eat it cos that's brunch, if just the soba bento alone, I might end up eating a plate of char quay tiao too, so the rice is a better option, can keep me fuller. Indeed, I felt full after. Bought a bunch of sundries at the Giants, didn't know they have Earl Grey Milk Tea for pokka. Tasted good. Also bought a black cheesecake cos it's Bamboo charcoal. It's okay, don't taste the bc, but the cheesecake is really lighter than the usual ones. I did end up eating some stuff like choc, blueberry crumble, the cheesecake and drinking Honey Jim Beam. Dinner was home-cooked. Definitely over-calories. Sunday also kinda ate a entire large bag of chips.

Make up on weekdays, lighter lunch and simpler dinners, until the weekends. Planned for 3 Adv KM classes. Really 临时抱佛脚 but no bian.

No comments: