Sunday, July 28, 2013

KM Level P1 test, Hols are coming

I was sick for about 1.5 weeks, hence stopped going for KM. I rested at home until last Sat that was the grading test.

Was reminded to bring enough water cos it could last as long as 6hrs. I brought but I didn't expect the testing duration to be six hours, I had expected maybe a lot of waiting time. I had 2 small packs of milk for breakfast.

FromLavender, we walked over. No girls cos the other two couldn't make it. I partnered with a guy about my build. We started with a revision of the P1 syllabus. Going through every move a few times in turns. After 4hrs of revision, with some water breaks in-between, I was feeling kinda light-headed. I bought chilled canned sweetened drink like Pokka carrot juice & isotonic drinks from a nearby vending machine to sustain me. Needed the sugar n salt to keep going. 

Then the actual formal grading started. We were told that we are assessed from the revision part until the final grading. Can get it so long as don't screw up badly, yet it was little consolation to get through another 2hrs. It was intensive and we had to be aggressive and reactive. I was out of breathe n coughing a lot from the chilled drinks. The multiple assailants drill was really really taxing. Almost wanted to give up. Movements sluggish. Out of breathe. 

Finally it was over. Had a short ceremony to get our patches and certificates. My left foot was cramping up and I had a bad stitch on the right. Apparently as explained by the head is that body is exhausted n short of the salts hence the cramps n the stitch was from very warm muscles that sat still from resting so sudden movements caused stitch. I see. I almost wanted to cry cos just so exhausting and relieved that it was over. Not doing that anytime soon.

After we have finished, I went to change out of my sweaty gears into fresh clothes n had a wet wipe down n put on lots of the Sea Breeze deo water. Met up with Quet for a super late breakfast n lunch at Soup Spoon for me. my hands were a bit trembly  n later dessert n tea at Ma Kaision. The tea time set is very good, for about $7.50 for a dessert n a tea. My apple caramel cake was very refined and good. But I went back home after and soaked all my sweat-soaked gear n had a bath. 

That night I drank a 1.5 liter of isotonic drink and stayed mostly in bed. Had scratches and some bruises. Next day woke up with lots of muscle aches but bearable so long as I stayed in bed which I did.

Monday back to work, I had to suffer the even sorer muscles as I had to move about at the workplace as well as the stairs. A bit of inconvenience  for the stairs but after going through the 6hrs grading, it kinda changed my perspective on training. As in what we did in KM lessons and the intensity of the grading is really different. I can actually survive that, so this little pain is just a small thing compared to that. Reached home and slapped on more muscle cream. By Wed I was good as new but I decided to take a week break from KM, didn't have any breaks for 8 months since I started going under package. Started in Aug so it's almost a year. 

This week has been eating a lot more. I see my tummy bigger. Erm next week I am restarting KM at the Adv class. Just SMS for one tomorrow. I see if I can do twice first. Then move on to thrice. A week of little exercise n lots of food does "wonders" in the bad sense to one's fitness. Restart slowly...

Also work is ending soon, three more workdays. Cannot take it too easy cos weekdays I tend to eat lesser. Hols is not good for my waist. 

Exciting thing is I am going to go for a trial lesson for drums. I've got two songs for guitar to figure out. Bought the full band score from the Internet. Also planning on finishing up the Grade I music theory book n moving on to the next one.

So for now that's what my holidays would be like.

No comments: