Thursday, August 01, 2013

Summer holiday start, Audio book

Today's the first day of summer holidays. Slept a bit later before I woke at 8.30am.

Went out for breakfast, laksa and teh-o. Paid my bills. Came back and tidied up my pile of letters, while listening to the audio book 'The Hobbit'. Borrowed it recently and started listening to it during the final few days of work. It's nice to have somebody narrate to you, reminding me of the 'Story-teller' series from my primary school days. So it helped drown out my Dad's loud music in the living room. Quite engrossed that I didn't noticed he went out. Good idea.

Besides this, borrowed about 10 books to read, have 2 band scores to try out, 1 song with chords, KM tonight - twice to thrice, and starting this Sunday, drumming. Hope to level up my guitar playing through some hard work. Plus do some working out at home, restart KettleBell which I've stopped long time back. Ate too much last weekend and the final days of the term.

No travel plans, just trying to 'slow my pace' down, enjoy the lax. Time to tidy up the room, clothes and my table. All these get neglected during work time. The break allows me to tidy the junk before it becomes unmanageable. 

August, other personal things planned; a crab dinner at MelBen, Tab's house-warming.

No comments: