Thursday, August 22, 2013

2/3rd mark

Fixing the sleeping time:
Now I am trying to readjust my sleeping time cos really sleep at 3am and wake about 10-11am. Might end up like zombie if I don't rectify now. With another 10 days to go, better start now. Moving sleeping time forward to midnight and setting morning alarm clock.

'Volunteer'
This year, I didn't misread the circular and mistakenly sign up as a volunteer for this summer event. But because for my dept, a couple left, some are already involved in the other duties for that event, so left FW herself with the whole cohort's hand-made products, so I asked her of she needed help, and thus ended up being down for that charity booth duty.

I went down today, to help make some information printout displays, and pack the stuff. Offered my luggage bag to use to pack the stuff. The rest she said she'll handle tomorrow, so I don't have to go in again until Sat. We agreed on a time to meet at the workplace and go down together. Hope it can get good proceeds for charity.

Music
It's interesting to have 2 different drum instructors. My fixed one emphasize the basics, which is good cos it drills the important blocks. Still at snare and bass drum. The other goes for coordinating and sight-reading to play the parts of the drum kit and also playing with songs. So it's a good balance and makes it fun. I would miss the variety cos next week is the last week of the hols, so once work starts, it's back to once a week, under my fixed instructor. But I'll try the second instructor's way if I get tired of doing basics.

For guitar, working on one of the j-rock song on the acoustic guitar, managing the introd and into the verse 1. Still have many parts to work on, but it is a bit smoother. The other j-rock song, I'll keep until I've finished this one. The j-pop song, I'm still working on cos that's on electric guitar and need to get used to moving along the neck quickly for power chords, will it's a much easier song compared to the j-rock ones. So happily practicing and forgetting all about work.

Exercise & Diet:
Into the 2nd week of diet, so far controlling and fewer lapses. Without weighing, I could see my tummy a bit flatter (still got tummy) so I can see the progress. Still not down to lowest, need more time but lost 1kg I think. 

Exercise is into the 3rd week, I am going for my 3rd KM within this week. Still got that uneven numbers but try not to let it affect me mentally. Just thicken my skin and do it. We are doing more combative; aka how to do a combination of strikes from front, side and rear. It's good cos it helps to put atks into a doable combination instead of trying to come up with some ko-ya ones cos lack of combat experience. I must say, it's very good aerobics workout. A bit of sore knee and shoulders but doable. See if I can aim for thrice next week, still a challenge to move from twice to thrice.

In-doors
I find I haven't gone into town for a while, maybe 1.5weeks? Cos all the courses and stuff kept me going to-and-fro East-West, haven't gone to town. Did go to Msia twice with patents, once CitySquare and once Perlangi, banking stuff n spend some RM. Not much to do besides eat and buy discs. 

Tomorrow I plan to go out roaming, guess in-town, so can kill two birds with one stone. Think at least from after lunch so don't anyhow munch rubbish. 

This holiday seems to pass much slower cos of the courses, dinners and events. It does slow time down and makes this time more memorable than other summer vacation. Think this is the direction I wanna aim for, at least to make adulthood more memorable. Doing something out of the usual is important especially if everything seems routined, even things like dinner outings, courses. 

Wanna enjoy this last spurt of free time, next term is a killer and it goes on-and-on plus I remembered the increased classes so it's doubly tiring. It'll be a long time before I can take another break like this.

No comments: