Saturday, August 10, 2013

So fast it's 10 days

Time does fly... Already it's the 10th day of the hols.

Done nothing much productive. Most of it is spent lazing around.

I did go for a trial drum lesson on the 4th Aug and decided it was okay enough for me to continue with it. I paid for a month lesson plus 3 extra weekdays just for the month of August. Once work resumes, it'll be back to once a week, Sunday. Can jio me for lunch in HV area. I have no idea what level I am aiming for, it's something I wanted to do, besides guitar. Use it to inject a sense of excitement into my rather routines life.

Besides that I resumed KM and went for 2 lessons in the old venue and a lesson at the new venue in the east... Next week I am going to go thrice. Help me burn off the tummy that has bulged up from my incessant eating for almost two weeks. Today I stepped on the scales and it ain't pretty. I also resumed exercising at home though its just KettleBell one set, once and 4 other days of just pure dips. Need to rebuild the 21 day routine. This is just the 1st-2nd week.

Took out both guitars and started working on 2 different songs. One is a J-rock song I really liked but its really complicated for my current ability. The other is a J-pop song that is kinda easier cos its just power chords on the electric guitar but its really fast, so not there yet. 

Also bought myself a pair of drumsticks so I can practice drumming on my pillow... First time ever, I so diligently sat down with the metronome app on I-phone attached to speakers and practiced the rhythm patterns. Did more than an hour of that, no wonder my left wrist felt strained (weakened cos of prior injury) I got the patterns down. Not bad. I hope the improved sense of rhythm and stuff can help me be a better guitar player.

Finished up a bunch of fantasy storybooks. Haven't gone to the library cos of the long public holiday weekend. The Thur and Fri were super boring for me. Stayed at home, didn't know what to do with myself. I even did guitars n drumming practice on Fri to no end of my boredom. 

No comments: