Monday, August 12, 2013

A Queer n Peculiar Dream

For a person like me who hardly ever dreams, they are rare and very infrequent. The number of times I do, can be counted by the fingers on one hand. That rare.

Didn't know what brought about this peculiar dream early this morning. I dreamt that I went back to teaching locally and kena posted back to my last workplace. Thought things were bad but as I was shown around via a tour, there were changes. A nice ex-colleague promoted to Director so that the a**hole of the P who was still there, was subdued. I walked around the premises which was a combination of my own pri school, my two former workplaces. There were ex-pupils who saw me and rushed forward; a mix of my pri, sec friends and a few older versions of my last class. There was a feeling of nostalgia but I did have other mixed feelings throughout the tour. Then I woke up. 

Realized it was a dream cos there were so many elements mixed in, my own school days, people from my previous two workplaces. I sat up and counted how long since I've left and how old that ex-student of mine is now. She'll be in P6 this year. Wow, time flies. Indeed it flew past quickly. I contemplated whether I should drop by to visit those two ex-workplaces but shortly decided not to. 

In the first workplace, most of the colleagues whom I was closer have left n my students have already graduated. In the second workplace, I don't have news but my last batch of students are in P6 now, probably morning session, and my previous level was in the afternoon session. So dunno what's the point of going there. 

There isn't. It's just the memories speaking. There wasn't too much regret leaving except for leaving the students and some colleagues. Definitely no love lost for the mgt or the system. It's peculiar cos I resigned just before National Day. Now is August, the month of the summer vacation. Coincidence or just my sub-conscious reminding me of the lapse of time?

It's nostalgic to relive some elements but it definitely ain't so rosy when I was working there in reality. It's just that with time (lots of it) certain things can be forgiven, forgotten and overlooked like how the dream was. 

I don't take this as a sign I should go back yet. Not sure if the push and pull factors are going in that direction overall. I feel it's just a bunch of memories coming together and manifesting in a dream in the month of my leaving. Like a forgotten reminder. If I wanted a sign, then I should have been dreaming about the Toto numbers. There's a 3 million draw today. I didn't glimpse any special numbers from the dream though I could remember much of the short dream. If dream were signs, I should have dreamt of six exact number dancing and jumping around me, then switch to me sipping piƱa-colada on a pristine beach. Or me in my own $200k car driving to visit my last workplace to gloat at certain mgt people. Something like that. I did wake and bought my numbers but through the system instead. Not much chance but a hope.

No comments: