Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Exercise is easy, dieting is tough, dieting & exercising is harder

So far it's 3 days since I started counting calories seriously n really limiting the quantity as well as the type of food eaten so as to achieve the reduced daily calorie limit.

Simply to lose weight;
either eat less or exercise more
or to be even more effective,
eat lesser n exercise more.

While it makes perfect logical sense, it doesn't make it easy. What I did was to drop my daily calories to the intake of the weight range I aimed for.  Then make sure i consume within that range n continues with some exercise regularly. Over time,  I would reach the targeted weight but it took longer. Last time was 16months.

This time,  I had 20 days, a high tea, a buffet, a steak and a Taipei food-based trip so I had to do more. I used the Live strong app to monitor my calories. I set it to lose almost 1st a week. It calculated a daily calorie limit of 1255. This is still a healthy range calories. Anything below 1200 is not good. And at the same time exercise everyday, at home daily except for KM days.

Man, the exercise was the easy part. The diet is a pain cos suddenly I have to switch my taste to much blander food, more filling but lower calories,  less oily. Limit portions. Instead of eating many pieces,  ate much fewer slices. Plus it's really tough to make sure I ate something within calories and keeps me full until the next meal. And its really easy to bust 1200. So really strictly no hawker food. Zilch.

Day 1 was ok except due to the zero calories from drinks policy yet reducing the amt of artificial sweetener,  meant I got very bad Coke craving.

Day 2, I got hunger pangs not from not eating but mouth wanted to eat n chew. Munchies real bad.

Day 3, I bought 2kg bag of chicken breasts n thaw it to separate into 7 zip lock bags of thickly cut chicken breast marinated in BBq sauce 4 bags, Cajun with olive oil 2 bags and black pepper olive oil n garlic 1 bag. Chucked one in the chiller n the rest in the freezer.

I cooked one bbq bag for early dinner b4 KM and it kept me filled up even til now. No extreme hunger pangs. 6 bags to go. I did a weigh-in and seemed to be down 1kg almost. Will weigh again tomorrow.

Exercise is 8 diff exercise X 30 reps mostly.  One is 10, other is 35 n max is 50. Alternate days I do another 5 diff exercise X 3 sets of 30s. Exercise seems to be the easier of the two.  Except I got more slight aches at the starting.

The worst part is over cos had very bad cravings on Sun but I didn't give in at all. It was food n drinks craving and hunger pangs and plain mouth that wanted more savory stuff. Didn't relent in the battle of will power.

Will persists n succeed. So that even of by end Aug is 0 kg lost or gained. It would be okay.


No comments: