Thursday, May 26, 2016

Home Situation

Things kinda stalled and fell still when my sister was admitted to the hospital. More severe than before, warded 3 days. So from last weekend she wasnt well. Then mid-week it got worse for her and got her admitted on Wed. Though she went to see a doc but they didnt admit her on Mon itself. She was discharged on Sat and resting at home until yesterday, Wed. Then she had recovered well enough to go to work on Thur. As per everyone's wishes, we recommend her to tender her resignation and try to rest at home. Dont think her health can continue to hold up with the work stress she had, the travelling, the hours and still having to do water-dialysis for 8 hours. Not enough hours in the day for her. Something gave, her health. Let her rest at home would be better.

Today is the first day my sister resumed her work. So my Mom and I went to get some stuff settled using the grant. We went to close both the POSB and DBS account and transferred the remaining money into an account under my name, which is used to keep his money. That money would be used for further ceremonies and other requests my Dad made in his own 'will'. But that took a long wait at the bank. We just headed to DBS to get both done at the same time. We were lucky in a sense that we were just early enough that there werent any people. Yet the queue swelled after us.

I had slept at 5am, due to crazy sleeping hours. Cos I dozed off in early evening and cant sleep again until the wee hours. So I did ask my Mom to wake me if I cant hear the alarm. She woke me up about 10am and I hopped up to get ready. By 11am we were in Clementi. Hence while waiting, I was zoning out and sleepy and yawning. Super hungry and we ate lunch first before heading to the CDP in Buona Vista, Metropolis.

I had been to the CDP earlier last year due to the privatisation of one share counter. So brought my Mom there based on memory. We took mrt and walked the underground link way which comes up to the Biopolis and Metropolis buildings and walked passed the cafes, restaurants, all eating places at the first floor before we arrived. Again, we had a shorter wait and immediately after us, another queue formed. So transferred the 2 stock counters from my Dad's account, with a service charge to my CDP account. They form the pool of assets that is considered Dad's and will be administered by me (as part of the agreement that all my family members signed for the SG assets allocation). This is to prevent any family disputes over such things. This process will take a month, and I have to wait for their notification letters.

After that, then I would go down to the 3 stock brokerages, to see if I can close my Dad's trading accounts without my Mom and settle some outstanding fees. If this can be done without her, I will do it first. Then left with NTUC cooperative share and also an OCBC account. Once these are done, then officially the SG side of things are all settled, with exception of my Mom making an SG will.

Next week, either Mon or Tue, we are going into JB CitySquare to see if with the SG grant, whether the bank will recognise and allow us to close and withdraw the money or not. If not, then can tell the SG lawyer to advise the Msia lawyer on the steps needed and then we have to go in to meet the Msia lawyer and start the Msia grant process and also do the re-sealing of the SG grant with regards to the schedule of assets. Man, this has been a long process and learning about the legality of estate and wills. I need a bit of time to ponder my own situation before I make a will for myself also. At least after things are settled.

We went to Star Vista and I treated my Mom to cake and tea at Cedele. Their carrot walnut cake is still the best in my opinion. Walked about and I bought a jar of citron jam from the Korean supermarket. I wanted to make my own BaoZhong YuZhi tea. I now have the citron jam and also the BaoZhong tea leaves. Also dont have to pay a bomb to have yuzu tea drink. See if it is nice. Then after tea, my Mom bought a cooking thermometer and we headed home via mrt and bus.

I felt sleepy and thought it was the lack of sleep but I was coughing more, thought it was due to the cold drinks I had but not entirely. Reached home and I sneezed several times. I suspect I was coming down with a bit of cold and told my Mom I would stay in my room so won't infect my sis who had only just recovered. Felt heavy headed and drank a lot of water and fell asleep without the fan. Woke up in sweat but felt better. Drank more, had egg with udon soup and stayed in the room and warned my sis to avoid contact. Also wearing a sleeved instead of sleeveless shirt after bathing. Now more alert but playing it safe. Drinking lots more water and planning to sleep earlier.

Most likely, I will stay home this Friday to recover before heading out on Sat. Think all the worrying, lack of sleep, funny sleeping hours and also the bugs, had taken a toll. Shall rest up. Am super looking forward to the 3hrs of leather making free course. Want to be at 100%.

No comments: