Tuesday, May 18, 2004

My last weekend was one remembered for watching movies and sleeping.

Watched 'Vanhellsling' on Friday after work, while waiting friends, and was sorely disappointed by the paper-thin plot. Even the CG effects were boring after a while. Yep its true that the first 15mins were the best in the movie. Everything is so cliche... I could have written my own 'YennHellSwing' story (a cool, and daring monkey), set in the mytical and dark setting of the Office.... Where moi the lone heroine struggles to find salvation admist eternal darkness pepertrated by numerous evil fiend (bitches). Will she find the evil 'Boredkilla' and slay thee or rescue her 'Measley Salary'? Stay tuned.... ;P

Also watched 'Troy' with Quetzal on Sat. Not really blown away or impressed. In fact, the whole movie seems obessed with showcasing Brad Pitt's well-toned body, torso and butt. Add the other two male lead, orlando bloom and dunno, as well. The story is too narrowly focused on a few characters esp Brad that I felt like I was watching a soap opera. Man, the trojan horse that is the heart of the Troy story we all are familar with made such a brief appearance, that it almost is irrelevant. I really admire the scriptwriter how he could stretch the story for so long.... abt 3 hrs for a story of a horse, city and Archilles... Still intent to go for the up-coming Shrek 2 and Harry Potter.

Everytime I hang around town, I usually reach home around 12am and I didnt want the day to pass just yet, so I might stone, read, exercise... Basically sleep bloody late like 2-3am... Great, until I woke up early, due my biological alarm clock.... only to curse myself for waking up so bloody early in the morning, even though I didnt have to work, no tuition and yet couldnt get back to sleep. My promise to 'sleep like a dead person' or 'dun ever want to wake up' are always eluding me.

Hopefully I can sleep all I want soon........

Today, was another duh day. Some sort of renovation going to come, so unit A needs to pack. Since I finished my work and have nothing to do, first thing in the morning, started packing stuff into boxes. Cleared cabinets, rearrange stuff. In fact I tidied up my 3rd cupboard since I started. At first its okay loh, not that I have not done it before but the irritating one was when at the end of the day, I had to carry some of the packed and heavy box back to a room to be locked up. I was already quite tired by then. Others did help so did my Sup. But for more tedious stuff, they gave bief instructions and I do the packing, rearranging. I hope u all get the picture. Basically I helped do most of the packing until near lunch, then I did data entry and printing.... Then at the end of the day, helped carry stuff back to room. Not that I am against carrying heavy stuff. In fact I help around home alot by carrying heavy stuff, eg grocery shopping, heavy bamboo poles. It is not that cos I am a graduate, I am too TAO to carry boxes and pack. But it is more of the feeling that I am capable of more things, yet asked to do something so menial, mundane. I guess that is that feeling that really cause my dissatisfaction.

On the other hand, I find that though I dun care anymore, I feel more relaxed abt the work. Cos I know it will end soon... Another 19.5 days. Then I will rest a while to get rid of all the negative energies, feelings and fatigue before I continue on my way.

No comments: