Monday, May 24, 2004

Today I am really really really down in the pits... Why? Cos early in the morning, after renovating, I have no seat. So I just sat at a chair near to current unit, ie near to the aisle. Basically there are some cupboards, so in the space, there was a seat, so I sat there for 20 mins, watching them unpack, clean their tables etc.

The feeling is not something that can be easily described... its like 'hello, i know i dun have a seat,$^#*$ I worked quite hard here and I dun have a seat... No indications etc... even when my Sup came in and started to tidy her place... so I continue sitting there sms-ing friends. Until Sup of Unit C came and told me to sit at the DE area... I was like, really? there is a DE area... Why the freaking F#*$ didnt anyone tell me anything. Okay so when I sat down, my morale was already super low.... Dammit, shitty Monday. Already I am looking forward to Saturday and my last day at this freak show. Why cant last Friday be the last day...

So I purposely slacked a bit, do things slower and went for more drink and toilet breaks. Then I started... I was given a task to do... basically it involves over a hundred files, and I had to do some stuff with it. So I have been busy doing that for the past 3 weeks. Then my Sup just walked up to me and said that it might not be needed anymore due to some changes... so basically I have some salvage work to do... Got to file back those files, update some list etc. Basically all that I did was almost for naught. So now my feelings are a mix of numbness and darkness cum despair. Well I just went ahead to do slowly... making sure that I can stretch the job to last until dayend. Which I eventually did.

Well lunch was interesting, I got to know the new intern gal in the dept, but different sub-unit. She's just 1 week into the job, and she felt that its SHIT. Yep CRAP I agree with her wholeheartedly. So me, her and another contract staff.. all went to eat lunch, complaining of our jobs. Not the details but abt the general aspects like long hrs, no OT, cannot click with the rest cos really like different frequencies.. I made a remark which I felt is really true...."Previously another contract staff friend told me that I looked unhappy in office. So previously there was only one unhappy person in office, then more pple came in and now we got more unhappy pple." At this point, all of us ended up laughing. (of course, the current count I am sure of is 5, including me. All around the same age, generation, though most try not to show it)I am convinced that there is really a Generation-Gap....

I will brave thru my remaining 16 days.

No comments: