Thursday, June 15, 2006

Back from a trip back to hometown

Been away for a fair bit, being stuck at home all day, mapling or sleeping and went back to Msia for a couple of days. Just reached home and decided to blog about some things...

Maple
The scene goes like this.... imagine a dark, dingy room, full of trash and waste. A laptop lies inside, on for 24hours a day. Seated infront of the laptop is an unkempt person with glasses, busily playing Maple.

Maybe? I dunno. Dont think I am that Otaku yet. But I did do a fair share of staring at the screen. For all my 'hard work', here is the result..

Yup another change of clothes and weapon.


Put on the box and I am the joke of the town again.


Err my 2exp card just expired before I went back to Msia. So now considering how much time I really want to spend on Maple, now that I have achieved my target ie to reach lvl 80 before june holidays over. Oh for those who noticed my Pig, yes ITS ALIVE! Yup for another 2 more months.

Trip back to hometown
Oh I went back to my hometown on Tuesday with my dad to fix up banking problems. Msia has this rule that if ur account is dormant for 1 year, it will be locked, and you have to personally go to activate it via a withdrawal. Hence being away from my hometown for at least 2 years, my account has been locked up. Taking advantage of the school holidays we decided to get it done up before work starts. The plan was to head down to CitySquare and open an account, then go back to hometown and transfer some money over. Henceforth, if need-be, just head down to JB and transfer some money back to the hometown account to keep it active.

So after doing the main business of banking, the rest is up to us. My dad had to ferry my aunt around, so most of the time, I stayed at the house. There is absoulutely nothing to do but I bought some comics back and read them and slept. I managed to stop at 2 shops and bought quite a number of cartoons n comics. Spent about $170Rm in total on SouthPark season 2,3,4, BlackCat (whole), TrinityBlood (whole), Dectective Q(whole), FFVII Advents' Children, Bakuretsu Tenshi(whole). Wanted to buy other animes like Naruto, Prince of Tennis etc but these series are not complete yet, so am just waiting for them to end first. So now I have alot of anime to watch, not to mention Gundam Seed Destiny currently with Tab. Nothing otherwise favourable to talk about the trip.

Maybe worth mentioning for those not so-well-acquainted with local cuisine. Everytime my dad goes back, he would always buy these 3 food items. Definitely not for the timid. He would buy Pig's Forehead, Pig's Tongue & Pig's Ears. Pigs' Ears is quite common but the former are kinda of rare in singapore. So needless to say, he bought it for dinner and my first evening's dinner is mainly rice with the former. How it taste? Actually kinda nice except that the Pig's Forehead is kinda of fat, Pig's Tongue actually lean and chewy, just dun imagine tat u are tonguing the pig in a kiss while u are chewing it. Erm its actually my Nth time eating it. (N is a numeral much greate than 50) Well I never realized that pigs have such fatty foreheads. Never knew that its a delicacy... My dad told me over dinner that my uncle said the best part is that entire piece of meat from the pig's forehead to its snout. Then my dad would point with his chopstick that THAT piece is a nose.. and its the best... (argh.. Lose appetite) Then while I was picking up a piece of tongue to eat, I noticed that there is some white thing on a slice. Picked it up and took a closer look... (its some white foamy thing that is underneath the layer of tongue but is cooked... then some other pieces dun have it... argh... lose appetite) So basically to eat this type of food stuff, the advice is just not to look, pop it into ur mouth n chew. Forget things like cleaniless or the lack of it.... So I ate more baked beans with my rice than pig's forehead or tongue. Also ate more pieces of ears.

Luckily the other meals were more normal like zi char and satay or noodles. Phew. Definitely not for the faint-hearted. Fear-factor Muar-style.

FAT
Yes. I have reached this point of my exisitence where I have this feeling : I am FAT. I feel fat indeed. Noticed my bigger tummy and flabby arms. Think this lack of exercise days should stop soon. Indeed the days of eat, drink, and be merry are OVER! I am going to start with the food intake. Indeed it is the Main cause of fatiness cos most of it is ingested. Not so much the lack of exercise but just increased food intake means weight gain. It will be the first to go.

My resolutions and strict self-imposed dietary rules are as follows:
1) No more desserts after dinner - Desserts are either fruits or just coffee or tea. Nothing else. No more cakes, milkshakes or whatever. Water is ideal too. Desserts especially cakes or ice-cream or sweet stuffs are just one of the most unhealthy n calorie-laiden snacks to have after dinner.

2) If I want to drink beer or alchohol, there will be no Snacks inbetween. Its only drinks n no more snacks. Snacking in-between contributes greatly to the already high intake of calorie from alchohol alone.

3) Eat mainly my 3 main meals in a day exclude snacks as much as possible.

Exercise will be around 2hours for twice a week. Preferably full body workout with cardiovasular.

Am starting on the diet first cos its the easiest aspect to control and yet also the hardest to control.

Yup hopefully in half a years time, will lose all that flab. I am too fat currently.... Sian

No comments: