Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sumimasen for long abscence

Well to sum up the reason, there is solely one - Maplestory.

To sum up what I was doing, mainly trying very hard to level.

Anyway a new world Ludibrium was launched near the end of may, a toyland, with of course lots of cute toys, various new quests and enemies. Then I joined a guild opened by a Maple friend and became the Jr. Leader, so have to help members etc. So mapling became a bit more complicated than before where previously it was just killing anything else that moves.

During periods in-between training, I set up shop to sell stuff from siblings or guild members. And to help level faster, I bought a 2xexp card, ie my experience doubles. The downside is the fiexed timing, 6-10pm, daily for a month. So unless its important, I would stay home to maple during that time. On days where I had to go out in the evening, I login in the afternoon.

The rest of my life outside of Maple? Induction has begun and if opportunities arise and the talks were not important, me n Tab skipped a couple. For her, she got the flu bug somewhere on last Tuesday or Wednesday. She nursed her torrential running nose and cough. I had to help her buy food for a while. BUT on Friday, after she left for home, I was going to meet my sister around 6pm so I mapled until about 5.30pm. Was already by then having a coughing spell with running nose. Came back from the toilet and had a coughing spell. Something came up my throat and I tried to force it down but to no avail. It came out and onto the floor of the room. It was a HUGE pile of phelgm. It was more than 10cm in diameter after spilling out on the floor. How I know? Cos there were no food bits except for a bit of chocolate, didnt smell of bile and while cleaning it up, I picked up that gooey substance, it didnt break at all, and I had to scoop and dump it into a plastic bag. It took a few turns to get it all in.... Okay okay, TOO MUCH INFORMATION. I did feel better and stopped coughing after that. Told my siblings and mom and they dulely dubbed it "the phelgm cake" cos of the size. Immediately was isolated in my bro's room. He is out for 2 weeks, but sleeps in my sister's room cos my youngest sister has a weakened immunity. I was isolated to prevent infecting others. After vitamin Cs and cough mixtures, I sufficiently recovered on Saturday.

Only to have to see the infectious Tab on Saturday and after the lesson, I felt sickly again... Again isolation, vitamin C, water and cough mixture.

Recovered by thursday to have a long day. A course at new workplace from 8.30-5pm then a wedding dinner after that. There wasnt enough time to go home to change so I headed down to Clark Quay but was too early. I walked around and ended up with 3packs of Koropok and 1 set of anime, BetterMan. The Koropok were the type made of dried vegetable types and roots. My family tried and said that they tasted different from the normal chips and is very nice. Went into a Poh Kim, they are selling off the older sets of anime for $10 a box. So I looked at the very few titles, and saw one that I was curious about but not willing to pay the full price of $29.90 per set. So now for $20, I grabbed it. Clark Quay has changed alot since the last time I went there. It is no longer dinghy but modernized with lots of different pubs, coffeeplaces and restaurants. I headed to PhoneyJade, the venue for the wedding. Met my ex-VP, and she asked me alot of qeustions throughout the night. There was a short fiasco of being given the wrong table number 2 times. I was at table 10 but my ex-vp came and sat with me, but she was at table 13. I went downt to check and was given a new table 16. I went to the table and it was almost fully seated. Decided to just ask if there was another Hellbound at the table. Yes. Another hellbound. So I went down to check again and saw that my surname wasnt in the list so confusion arise if more than one hellbound turned up. In the end, my table number was 13 with all ex-colleagues. Had so many refills of red wine, which is very fragrant once u roll it over the tongue, cos the waiter kept on refilling. Found the name: RiverCrest 2004. I actually lost count of the glasses but reckon that it was at least 6 glasses. BUT no shaking world. The dinner, the fish, fried prawns and dessert are very good. The rest are so so. It was a nice dinnere except when the vp started discussing some work stuff with the chinese hod and that music teacher. Duh. I was crapping with another colleague.

On Friday we had to travel all the way to ITE east to visit the campus so again I hung around with Tab. Needless to say, I somehow got sick again. Besides that, we had pasta at the SaintO or something, cos I wanted to eat pasta. Tab suggested that place saying that the price is only a little bit more but quite nice. So headed there. I asked for their specialty. The owner told me their seafood pasta. I ordered the Spicy Chilli Crab pasta lunch set, for $11.90. Its a steal! The pasta came. There was half a crab, pincer and all, squid, scallop and prawns!!! Verdict: Delicious. Very good indeed. Their soup" Mushroom soup with garlic bread is thick and very tasty. I would like to eat there again. Interestingly when we arrived, it was rather empty, after a short while, it became full. Also some looked over at our table and ordered the Chili Crab pasta. We actually overheard a few asking and pointing at what I was eating. Its a good deal. Then we headed down to the book fair and i bought a magic book. It is quite good and i read, its actually doable. So now I have lots of things to do.

Again met the still-recovering Tab on Saturday and more isolation, vitamin C, water and cough mixture.

No comments: