Saturday, September 24, 2011

Simple things that make me comtented

Today's guitar was okay. While I was walking towards the gym, sucking on a butter-mint, I felt contented. The taste of butter-mint brings back a happy feeling. I only get to eat buttermints after a haircut in Msia, those old-fashion salons. But I don't really mind but didnt like getting my hair cut into fishbowl style (but for convenience sake, easy to wash, upkeep) Nothing particularly good happen during haircuts but everytime I manage to eat a butter-mint (usually a very long time always elapse before I managed to buy some) I feel a simple contentment. Remembering the tastes from childhood, always brings forth happiness. The sad thing is not all these tastes can be re-discovered. Some styles of food are not available in the modern Singapore.

After the gym workout, I feel relaxed. Had a cold shower and came out refreshed. Decided I was going to make an omelette with my remaining cherry tomatoes, onions, leftover cabbage with pork dish, and using two eggs minus 1 yolk, pour in some low fat milk. Cooked them then pour in egg. Very tasty. Ate with bread, ketchup and leftover sardines. That's my dinner. A cold can of Coke Zero to wash it down. Full, satisfied and contented.

Now curled up in bed, more Naruto, eyelids kinda heavy, wanna sleep. The simple things like these make me happy with myself. Relaxed, contented... The things money can't really buy.

No comments: