Monday, September 05, 2011

Start work & Hat-themed Dinner

Work starts and I got started to form back the forgotten work routine. First day just sit and listened to long speech, wasn't as tired cos I've zoned out somewhat, until that local collegue came in and sat beside me and starts fidgiting and sighing aloud in boredom. I try to tune her out. After that rather long speech, bus group meeting and even home room plus bus dismissal, short meeting, then went out for lunch. She complaining non-stop. She's leaving end of Sept plus a few days into Oct. Keep complaining, I try to ignore but the negativism is rubbing off. What's she complaining so much cos she not involved in the bus meeting, homeroom n bus dismissal. By the time I finished through 5pm, I was rather tired. Snoozed and dozed off 15mins before I ate dinner and went for assignment. I reminded myself NOT to let her negativism get to me, don't think about it and slept it off.

The next day lesson resumed. I have 1st period everyday. After that I was busy clearing the dairies and the stack of holiday assignment for my level. My table was full of books, went to the common table to mark. She sat down and started sighing and stuff, and tried to talk to me. I told her I am a bit too busy to talk to her cos it's the truth. Friday is my lightest day and I usually use it to plan the following week's lesson but since I have these assignments to clear first, I decided to do as much instead. After a while she did her thing and left me to do my work in peace. To be truthful, I think that colleague is a nice person, many a times I am grateful she drives and we head for long lunch. But her worst point is that she's Too complaint and negative about the work we have to do. Given she's on part-time and I am full-time, I think she complains too much. At times the Negativism rubs off and I do feel sian. Thankfully she goes off 2-3hrs earlier than me. Then I have relative peace until some other Jap colleagues comes and ask something. I think this will be my approach to dealing with the negativism that is not my own-doing. I might even tell her about how complaint she is if it really irks me. So far I haven't tell her exactly how negative she is.

Outside of workplace, she is a nicer person. So she asked for company to eat dinner at Clementi Mall cos I was meeting my JC friends there too but just 2 hours more so we headed there. The chats are more normal and less negative when it's not about work. So she ate dinner and I drank a Coke Zero and ate coleslaw. At 7pm, walked over to meet my JC friends.

It's been almost 2 years since we've met up. Lack of people organizing and also turn-out not so good. We have different social circles and work also made it difficult. So my very good JC friend came to visit from Australia, so we made an extra effort to meet up. The topics were very varied; from gossip to investment to parenthood to our jobs to travel experiences to housing and many more. Just hopped from one to another. The dinner and dessert after saw us talking and talking until about 11pm plus then we parted ways. Still have much to say, we actually stood outside the mall and talked for another 20mins before really parting. Now I remember why our previously meetings every 6 months was enjoyable. Hope to restart it. By the next time, one would be a mother of twins then.

Went home and slept late cos still couldn't sleep any earlier. I set my alarm clock to 8am, so that I could first try out the look for the Hat-themed dinner once, dig out the clothes and iron them also. Also needed to practice my neglected 2-week guitar. In the end, I couldn't wake up at 8am, snoozed and slept until more alert at 10am. Dug out my clothes, tried, modify then iron them. By then no time to practice. Also planned to eat yoghurt for both breakfast and lunch considering the potential calories from the dinner and drinks. In the end, I ate yoghurt for breakfast but cos my mom cooked a big pot of fried rice, so I decided to eat that. Consolation is that big pot of fried rice, only 2 eggs and finely chopped cucumber. No meat, so the calories is lower than the HPB's version of fried rice with lapchong which I chose.

I changed into the clothes and put the cap in my bag and headed out. After guitar, I stopped myself from munching any other stuff, not even sushi. Usually I don't eat lunch before but after guitar then eat Korean tofu soup set or sushi, sometimes Subway. Wasn't that hungry cos I took a big serving of fried rice.

But I had several hours to kill. I walked over to Cathay but nothing interesting. Walked over to PS and bought a tix for Glee concert 3D. Had half hour to kill, walked through arcade but didn't play, past the shops, even a short while in Daiso and Spotlight. Then it's time. The concert movie is like watching a concert DVD but with a huge screen, effects amplified cos of 3D and sounds great with the cinema speakers. It's a feel-good and positive movie. Felt better after cos during guitar I am still struggling and feel lousy about it.

Headed to Marina square to meet up with Tab n FH at Starbucks. Before I arrived, had to pass this massive horde of Comex crowd to cross the bridge. Put on contacts, hat in the toilet. Met up at the Starbucks and I ordered a Green Tea Latte with NOn-fat milk medium. Very long haven't drink, more than half year. Like very deprived. Usually I don't eat food like char quay tiao, or jian, fried carrot cake, Muslim food even my favorite mee siam, satay, rojak even if I was hungry and had to eat out, cos they are not healthy. Eat zhar Cai fan or others. So sweet beverages also I skip like my green tea latte, milk shake, bubble tea. Most of these I havent eaten in a long while (6 months or more)Really like very deprived.

We hung around until Candle arrived in her eye-catching outfit. We headed there and settled I side. Later FH came and sat beside me. He was saying he didn't know Morton was so classy, that he had actually bought a fancy hat unlike the rest of ours. He put it on quickly to satisfy our request to see it. Laughed until full. I noticed the table-master for our table also smiling when she walked past. Cos we didn't expect him to have out-done all of us in the plan to prank him (Candle bought a tiara) but his chicken-hat really did himself in.

After lots of laughing, it's christened 'Lady Henrietta' and wore a tiara too. Later Krynnder and Quetz came and they also laughed at the choice of hat. Dinner was pricey. The selection were jaw-dropping expensive (my sis said when I showed them the menu) but since it was a special occasion, with the laugh about the Lady Henrietta, and I had drawn enough cash. The chilled sea-food selection (aka seafood platter is enough to fill and also very fresh) I chose to skip the dessert cake and ice-cream.

We all had a toilet break followed by a lot of photo-taking near the table and lamp. Then walked over to supposedly the 'Stereo Lounge' but it has changed. I was talking with Krynneder behind so didn't know what transpired between the rest and the bouncers but seeing them got their hands chopped, we followed in. Nothing spectacular, be it the music, nor the size. The fact that there's no seats nor tables plus the music (loud enough to obscure conversation) also puts me off. We walked out shortly cos no point.

Headed to the bar in Marina mandarin. Candle treated a drink so I ordered the 'diet version' of a cocktail. Passion fruit magarita. It's almost non-sweet with minimal sugar but I can taste some of the alcohol which I think is either is a secondary liquer so lower alcohol percentage or also a bit reduced alchol which I didn't mind. Not looking to get drunk or high, was feeling tired from the long hours outside since noon. By then not so tired but before dinner, after, felt pretty tired.

Talked until almost 1.30-2am and then FH kindly drove us. Though I felt bad cos mine is the more out of the way. Had to bathe n wash hair cos used a bit of hairspray. Slept late in the wee hours 3am + n woke up very late 1pm (did wake up a few times but went back to sleep)

Just stayed home and counted my calories by monitoring what I ate. I did eat 4 tako balls n had sugar cane drink courtesy of my sis when she went to the nearby pasar malam. I headed for gym and did an hour of workout. Ate subway sandwich for dinner, but that sub calories a bit high which I only tried it cos it's the featured one on Sunday. Cheap = more calories. Actually by now I am feelin pangs of hunger but is resisting to smack. Sleeping hours still not tuned back, will suffer tomorrow. It's 1.10am now and I am still wide awake.



No comments: