Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Toasted dinner @ workplace

For the past few exams, I've had to OT until 10+ pm cos I helped to mark most of the paper and it's complicated and slow to do so with 2 diff color pens. So usually I didn't manage to have dinner until I reached home. It's dinner and then concussed in bed cos mentally exhausted.

This time I didn't have to mark as many questions and the 2m and 1m questions were clearly separated into diff sections instead of being littered all over the paper, plus I started earlier, 11am plus instead of having to wait until dismissal. All these helped me finish by 6.45pm. I had brought 3 slices of bread and a container of leftover sliced duck breast meat (3/4) which I haven't been eating for breakfast as planned cos I'm having fruits.

So I had the choice to go home to toast and eat or potentially eat other stuff, I did tell my mom I won't be back for dinner... Or I could toast my dinner, eat and go home. I chose to do the latter. So excusing myself coa there were some colleagues seated near the bread toaster, I proceeded to first toast my bread for 5 mins. The aroma must have been distracting cos the place is air-conditioned. But Bo bian, just apologized to those seated at the table and continued. Quickly put the toasted bread at my table so the toasted bread aroma isn't too over-powering for them. Then using the aluminium foil I brought from home too, I made 2 small foil trays to toast the chilled sliced duck breast meat. I had done this once for lunch before. So toasting makes the chilled meat warm and part of the oil is drawn out, which I poured away after using a pair of chopsticks to fish out the pieces onto paper plates. Had toast in 3 batches cos quite a bit of meat. I did it quickly, 5mins per batch. I realized that there's too much for me, but not sure if there was enough to offer to the remaining teachers, about a piece each. So I decided to put the extra on a plate, put on the long table to offer to the 4 colleagues who had to endure my toasting of the bread n meat. Put 4 pairs of chopsticks for them too. Then I went to my table, ate my toasted bread n duck breast meat hungrily and quickly. Washed it down with a can of Milo. Then chucked the disposables and headed home.

Was still a bit not satisfied but I guessed correctly that it was thirst instead of hunger. So bought a chilled cooling water for heatiness and a chilled mineral water. Full and satisfied after drinking those. I keyed the calories, happy to say today is 13% deficit. Not bad, will try to 'make back' all the surpluses and keep them. Also make better food choice again. Besides monitoring the calories, the app computes the fat intake, which I also monitor to control cholesterol as I had borderline high cholesterol from the previous health check. Hope to clear that by the next check, I guess in 2013.

Did concuss early around ten plus and woke up around 2.30am. Going back to sleep soon.

No comments: