Tuesday, April 09, 2013

CBD during rush hour to gloat?

I did what Tab n I always wanted to do during the hols. Woke up early, head to town with the rush hour crowd and watch them all rush by. Sorta.

I saw this express bus at a bus stop near my place, finally got a chance to take it. It cost $3.50 but in half an hour, I dropped off at Fullerton area. Could see the crowds of office workers n executives walking hurriedly about. I somewhat strolled around to orientate myself then head towards Golden Shoe Hawker, to retrace my steps as a temp. Dunno why, got asked for direction though there were others. Maybe cos I wasn't dressed in office attire, jeans, sport shoes, cap and a sporty jacket. Luckily I knew where that building was, cos just walked by it.

Went to Golden Shoe and looked through all the hawker stalls on the 2nd and 3rd floor. Can't find my favorite Bru coffee stall and noticed many have changed. Can't recognize any. Settled to eat Nasi Padang @ $3.50 and a teh-o kosong @ $0.60. Prices for meals have risen, last time was $2-$2.50. Now is mostly $3.50~

After eating, I went to that small indoor place behind OCBC building and found the good ole trusty Mr Teh Tarik. I saw Bru coffee but already had a coffee earlier. So I bought a Lime tea n a Ginger Lime. Man, the ginger lime is a strange combination, should have gone for teh halia... Chucked it after a bit and carried the Lime Tea around until all the ice melted and it became room temp (drank at home) and walked towards UOB building.

The sun was up and could feel the heat coming. Luckily I wore my cap. Took some photos here n there. Walked by the Fullerton, Esplanade area to hop on a bus home. Cos had KM later at night, most shops weren't open at the time and even for food, I already ate so no more space for anything.

I reached home and dabaoed roasted duck rice n pig stomach soup @ $5.50. Nice lunch with the Lime Tea.

KM was okay and after that, I ate at the Omar place again. This time I got the Crispy pork bento n their Magic Q Milk tea with 50% sugar @ $9.30. The pork is very lean yet crispy n nicely flavored. Nice dinner. The cubes they put in taste different from the pearls and also not sweet, to my liking.

No comments: