Thursday, April 04, 2013

3rd week - stuff done n not done

Hmm in terms of very memorable or exciting things this week thus far,

Not much, except I finally learnt how to roll in KM. But before that, we did the break-fall, both hard and soft. Let's just say my brain felt shaken around cos when our shoulders and arms absorbed the impact, the brain shakes...

My rolling technique needs refining... Legs flopped to one side so I kept hitting one spot near my right hips which is wrong. Supposed to be the left side. But I kinda suffered for it cos that night, massaged my sore right hip area and pasted medicated plaster. Woke up the next day to immensely sore muscles on the shoulders, neck, all those parts used for the break-fall technique. Plus that sore spot on the hip. By today, 2nd day still the muscle aches haven't cleared up much.

In a sense, I'm glad this week I am going twice instead of thrice. Meeting Cyn n Tab for dinner on Friday instead of KM. think with be current sore muscles, it's a better choice.
__________

I have been fiddling with my Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE, loading in photos and also using my sister's laptop with Movie-Maker to rip the performance DVD & Choir competition into Media player files, saving and loading inside so that I can finally open them and watch them. Cos they are in different video file format, if I just drag n drop, won't open. But trying to separate out the video clips into the separate ones is a pain in the ass cos they are joined together... Took me many tries yet one of the video is giving me lots of grief. Want to load more files and even download music videos but those are for another time.
__________

Went for my biennial health check-up, did the usual, height/weight, took blood n urine, breast and stomach examination and I chose ECG (cos my dad had heart atk n mom is high blood pressure, extra risk) Cos didn't eat since 6pm the night before, by the time I was finished 11.30, starving and I ate KFC 3 piece crispy meal. I think next time, I should reduce to 2 piece (reminder to myself) cos by the second one, I was satisfied and almost full but finished all anyway.
__________

Went for KM yesterday and tio 360 defense, both top n bottom. It meant very sore forearms, on top of the sore shoulders, neck muscle aches, butt ache. So it's a wise decision to skip going on Friday. Last night I pasted medicated plasters on both forearms, macham like some sort of fashion statement... Of the bruised kind, I guess. The rest of the muscle aches are clearing up, so I'll be good as new by Monday. Next week is to hit 3 times. Good luck to me.
__________

Today went for a hair-cut, glad it's much cooler now with shorter and thinner hair than before. It's like my head feels lighter n my neck can breathe. Good thing about my highlights is that cos they are at the bottom layer, my top layer is black, so even if black hair grows out, it's covered by the top layer, so don't see the unsightly line of new hair. So even with a haircut, I looked almost the same as when I initially dyed it. Nice, I'll keep this for a while.
__________

Only a few things I haven't done with one more week of hols left. Maybe will be called back next week for meetings. I don't see the point of it but I guess it's just some sort of unhappiness cos we don have to go back but they have to. No point if everything is not in Eng. Oh we'll, lets hope not.

Need to check out the guitar school in Holland Village to enquire about guitar class. I think I have taken a long enough break from it. Wanna continue cos if not time just goes by so quickly and my skills are stagnant (though this period of time, cos of my cca, I found I have improved. Can teach chords, can play standing, can read and understand band scores, can tune by ear somewhat & improvise a bit of strumming patterns) I am grateful for vein inspired to pick it up again. My goals for guitar are very high, have lots to work on.

Go back to NUS to walky and eat the cheaper food, though outsiders are charged slightly more expensive. But the hot sunny weather is a deterrent to going out somedays cos its so scorchingly hot. Felt like melting even with an umbrella shielding me. Bleah... Some days hide at home until also sian, then head out towards 5pm but its kinda like a waste of an entire day, so wanna head out a bit earlier into the day.

Maybe I should wake up at my usual (which I did almost everyday...) then take a bus to town and watch people pass by in hurry while I walk leisurely, take breakfast leisurely. Sounds good.

No comments: