Thursday, September 12, 2013

Turning to the bottle, recipes but improving

Basically in the first week of work, I had trouble sleeping, brain alert and had to wake up early. So in desperation, I grabbed a bottle n poured some into my cup, thinking it was the Honey Bourbon only to realize it was the Chivas. Hence I stuck to that and used whatever mixers I had in stock in my room. So there were some hits and misses. Got a bunch more to try out with time.

Chivas + Bitter Lemons => Yum
Chivas + Dry Ginger Ale => Yum

Chivas + Bundung => Interesting but less  Chivas might be better

Chivas + Tonic water => clash
Chivas + Pineapple juice => clash

Usually it helps me sleep though I wake up earlier than my alarm clock cos either I needed to pee or I was thirsty. Surprisingly irritating that while others drink and slept peacefully late, I end up waking earlier.

Last week alone, I drank 5 out of 7 days. That's an indication of the amount of help I need to fall asleep. Also to shut off the overtly active mind at times. With the alcohol in the system, the numerous thoughts come to a stand-still and it's pleasant muted silence except for very simple thoughts. Then Zzzzz...

This week, thus far, I drank once on Wed, so that's a significant improvement, Found part of my stamina and could get thru some parts with less fatigue but still tired overall. Will resume KM next week instead. I wanna rest up and sleep and so on. Next week I'll go for a double on just one day. Rest up and try to relax before then. 

Today is my somewhat more manageable day, a breather in the entire hectic week, so I used one free period to go practice my drums, it was a good stress-reliever. Felt good but tired. Still don't have to stamina n focus to do an entire song, will lose the rhythm somehow and right leg is tired from all the bass drumming. Think it'll take some time to build that up. It's a good practice. 

Feeling pretty tired these days but noticed I wasn't the only one. Okay, I'm human.

No comments: