Monday, September 02, 2013

A nice finish to the hols, missing it already

Not sleepy yet but work is resuming tom... Will so totally regret this in the morning tomorrow.

This summer holiday is more memorable and feels so much longer. I feel the main reason is cos I am doing stuff, courses, with friends, some unusual and out-of-the-blue, so it's refreshing. Totally forget about working at all, until tomorrow.

Comic-Con:

This is not my first comic con, been to a few already but this is the first where I went for 2 days cos of the ticketing price $19 for single and $25 for 2-days. Not just that but cos of plans to 'help eat a free breakfast', so I'll be in the area, might as well.

The offering this year is much better than previously hence didn't mind going down. Initially I wasn't sure until I looked through the website. Sat, headed there with Tab n DF. Very crowded. Sun, I headed there with Tab after the free breakfast on my part (Plates of savory food; Intercontinental breakfast, watermelon juice and mango-banana smoothie) Ate until so full, I didn't eat anything else until dinner time. Given we ate until 10am.

Totally regretted sleeping at 5am last night n having to wake up at 7.45am to get out of the house to meet to eat the breakfast at the hotel. After the pot of coffee, think I was hyper, then crashed a bit during my drum lesson later on in the afternoon. That's why the second time, in Comic-con, just spent about 40mins inside. Even without drum lessons, I wouldn't be staying there until 5.30pm where the cosplay comes on... Think other countries are so much higher standard n more into character than what I saw just walking around. Not that there aren't good ones, but as one ages, it seems more for the youths. 

Decided on a whim to ask Tab to help me take a few funny poses pics with the life-sized IronMan figures. Wanted to do a being-blasted away shot but with so many people and just my I-phone, it was ok but not as amusing. An idea hot me last night to do a Janken match pic. Cos I didn't have a chance to ask my drum instructors to help me take a drum pic, n I might have to write about my hols, as part of my example to students, decided to get at least one 'interesting' pic to use. Tab asked to use for a photo competition. See how that goes but not used to pic being seen by outside pple. Dunno if even can win, and if get a poster instead, so cheapskate prize too. Think all these stupid post photos are an unconscious influence by colleagues.

In the Comic-con, I didn't spend much, just 3 key-chains and a Tokidoki PVC bag (nicer than the usual supermarket type) Minion figurine toys were tempting but very pricey for $50 n $100 each... Not sure if I liked them enough to want to pay so much. Love my Maplestory snail keychain, too bad they sold-out/couldn't find their Minion ones. I'll KIV next time I see this stall.

Drums:
Improving, not too bad except my tempo is not constant, sometimes too fast or slow. Have to do more metronome training. Moving into once a week lesson on Sundays. Today also moving on to basic drum patterns, much like guitar strumming patterns. 

Work *groanz*
Work is restating tomorrow. I would have some trouble waking up. Haven't ironed anything yet. All wait until tomorrow morning. 

Not going for KM yet cos my right elbow is a bit sore. Think is the over-extension from all the punching. Need to let it rest up. So this week, either I go twice or just once but a double lesson later in in the week so that first week back to work is not so taxing. Take it easy in the initial restarting part.

Cca is restarting, got to bring guitar to workplace. But its tuned one-step down... still got my j-rock song to learn. see how, maybe bring next week so not so much stuff to lug on the first day. Hope to ask colleague to teach me how to change the strings of the electric guitar. Need to get the replacement strings first. One thing I realized is that electric guitars are so much heavier than acoustic cos one is solid, the other is hollow. Wait a bit before bringing either to the workplace. Sometimes too busy teaching during cca to even take out my own to practice. Rather do it at home only to realize I left the acoustic guitar at workplace... 

Man, I miss the hols already. The freedom to sleep and wake at anytime, do stuff leisurely and in no hurry are sorely missed. It'll be a long, long while before I can do something like this. 

No comments: