Monday, June 21, 2004

Hey, sorry I was off-line for a while... been busy and ill for the last few days. Still ill at this point.

Actually I really wanted to put down how I felt after 6 mths... on the actual last day but when I came home after the nite out, I was too tired to do so.

Basically I really felt lost and immensely frustrated the day before, cos it seems for naught. I know I wanted to do something else and that the pay was too low to continue for long. I knew I justified my reasons for staying on until the end, and really couldnt wait to move on. Yet when it finally came down to the remaining few days, I really had mixed feelings. There are the good and bad pple, experiences and work. I will miss the good part and strive to forget the negative aspect, but deep down, I was still glad it was over. I am really mentally, emotionally and physically tired. I really wondered what have I learnt in this, about myself and the work that I did. I was a bit upset then and my Sup had a long chat with me. She was nice enough to listen and highlighted some perspective to look at the entire experience. I was grateful for the input cos I was too lost to see beyond the veil of darkness that covered my eyes. Again I realised too late that my Sup is a okay person. I will strive to move on, learn and change with every experience, be it good or bad.

The last day was interesting cos my Sup actually asked me to play my guitar after lunch. I had asked her for permission to bring the guitar. But my voice is a bit soft and most didnt sing along as they dun know the songs. Well my skills abit rusty also. After that met up with Uni friends at the Esplanade. The view of the setting sun is very peaceful to watch. Then later we went drinking at Wisma. I really appreciate friends for coming down to celebrate with me, inspite of their work or leisure.

The next day, my JC friends jio me to go the KTV in Clementi to sing karaoke. Okay except that I had to go down to some job agency interview in afternoon and by time I got home, I had a quick shower and off I went to the karaoke. It lasted for 4 hrs. My throat was hurting. We did sing ourselves hoarse, with power songs like 'its my life' or high pitch songs 'one nite in beijing'. For most chinese songs, I only sang verses, cos I only heard that part before. Again my genuine thanks to friends for this invitation.

Then on Friday, had an interview which i screwed up big time cos first I got lost in the industrial estate and was led on a wild goose chase. Then I didnt have much time to prepare for interview. I was not mentally prepared to even take on a job in my current condition. Didnt structure my answers to the position nor what they wanted to hear. And I told them what I REALLY wanted to do for my career. I guess I wouldnt be chosen. On top of that my voice was really hoarse, from the previous nite's karaoke. The place was far from my home too. So after the interview which I felt was really a waste of time, I had to travel home to fetch my Jap notes for jap classes. I was already not feeling so good. Tired, coughing, sore throat. But Jap was okay. Fun with all the Q&A with Krynnder. Q 'Who is the most beautiful person in the world?' A 'Me'
Talk about a boost of the ego. But that nite I fell really ill.

Saturday, a day of nuahing around and feeling ill.

Sunday, still nuahing around and still ill.

Monday, I swear I will dam my nose to avoid flooding my home in my mucus. Still ill.

Dunno abt going anywhere for now. Just want to rest, relax and pick myself up. If I can, I really dun wanna work. Retire young. That is my biggest dream.

Pple often confidentally ASSUME that I will be successful somehow but I really have no clue how to be successful. In fact I find that in some areas like communication and people skills, I am not successful at all. I am socially inept. Sign. That will be something to work on. As to striking it rich, to be realistic, I still need to work for a decent pay to accumulate the capital.... What later moves depends until then.

No comments: