Thursday, August 19, 2004

Mystery of Driving License Solved!

Finally after putting it off for so long, being told endlessly by my Dad that I wont need it, and being immensely pissed off by my lack of mobility (M'sia IC Episode), I decided once and for all... that I will go down to the driving centre personally. So off I went to the Bukit Batok Driving Ctr. I didnt bother to consult any Spore maps or directory, just conveniently assuming that since its Bukit Batok Dr Ctr, it should be near to the Bukit Batok MRT. Right? Wrong guess smartypants! After calling up to clarify, it is at Bukit Gombak... Great work Sherlock Holmes.

When I arrived, I followed my friend's advice, got onto the shuttle bus and reached there safely. Well definitely knew I was at the right place, cos everywhere around me are pple and cars or bikes with a Capital L stuck behind. :) Great! I made it safely. Only this time, I didnt know where to begin. So I looked blur and walked around the reception area. A friendly customer service lady came and asked me. I just blurredly say signing up for driving course. She gave me a form, brochure and directed me to the instant photo machine for photographs. Okay, then I took a seat and browsed thru the form. Err I had forgotten my passport and entry permit since I'm PR. Okay then next trip. I approached her again to clarify the structure and costs of the driving course which she skilfully diverted with this reply "Oh, if u sign up for the course package, u can go into the briefing room where they will explain in detail." Much as I appreciate her help, this was not useful. Then I asked her if she knew whether PR can go back to their home country, obtain a license then come to Spore to convert. She replied not sure, but did give me the Traffic Police HQ no. Where I called and confirmed that this is true. I can have a Malaysian license but cannot convert. If I want, have to take Spore test and pass separately. Oh well at least everything is clarified once and for all.

Its a bit too late and uncertain for me to return to M'sia to learn driving... But my sisters can do so. It is also a better alternative given that its abt RM$500 compared to SG$2-3000! I hope to get a job to pay this sum soon.

ALIEN VS PREDATOR - ULTIMATE FLUKE!

After solving once and for all the driving egnima, I headed down to watch the highly anticipated movie AVP! As a loyal albeit rabid fan of the Aliens, Predator and AVP franchise. I awaited this movie eagerly with all my heart. To watch on the big screen, how two fearsome creatures would battle it out. Forget the humans man, they can be killed for all I cared. Its the fight of the century!

Sign.... Little would I know that it turned out to be a fluke. I had a not-so-good feeling when they announced that the director of AVP is the same director as Resident Evil the movie. Well I dunno his name of what. BUT this I know. When I caught Resident Evil on TV recently, it was one of the crappiest zombie/sci fi I had ever seen, save for Existence (which I crown the most brainless piece of crap I had ever watched in my entire 23 years of life!) U guessed correctly, much of it was crappy and corny. Even in Alien and Predator fights, it was unexciting. The movie didnt adhere to the original spirit and even details of the franchise. Details like blooding on forehead turned to become blooding on cheek. Oh My God! Man, there is not one scene where I felt thrilled. Just like when I watched Resident Evil. My sis remarked that she didnt feel anything when she saw how the characters were being slowly killed off by the zombies in RE. For myself, I even laughed in a few RE scenes cos its so crappy, not credible and downright ridiculous.

Err so I laughed at a few scenes too for AVP. Didnt feel much of anything for the characters who are slaughtered and descicrated by both Aliens and Predator. Even my much admired Alien Queen looked so duh in the end. So me and my bro came out of the cinema with a bitter bad taste in our mouths. Criticised the movie for all lack of details, unrealistic time frames in the story. Catching the AVP movie was supposedly a treat. But it left me tired, unthrilled, disgruntled. "Huan Wo Qian Lai!"

Shortly after I left for tuition.

No comments: