Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Home-Bound

I am a trapped princess (or if u like, monkey) locked away in a high tower in the far-flung reaches of a faraway land. Where is my Saviour? Where art thou, the one with whom I realize and taste freedom. (Peanuts or Bf? well u guess) Am I bored? Not really... just am feeling a bit aimless. Its a good break from being too narrowly focused on something. Its a nice feeling that I dun feel 'compelled' to do certain tasks cos I have no choice. In fact at least for now, I have the choice of the things I WANT to do. My time and schedule is my own to fill with things I want to do, dun mind doing.

This week marks the second week of being home-bound. Starting to feel lazy and undisciplined already. Still have a mountain of tasks to do. Current victories so far are: finished tidying up my bed, reading Sandman comics from Tab and updating resume. Unfinished business include: Tidying up table, shelves and closet that are overfilling with clothes and comics. Yep a common phenomenon with comic readers is that u just dun have enough shelf space. (I have an entire set still lying on my bed) Like Candle, whose room is being renovated, I have major clean-up Ops. And like all lazy pple, just wondering when and how do I kick myself to get started? Sign. Just feel like lazing around. Getting up early to look at the beautiful sky, complete with all the fluffy clouds and brillant sun... playing my guitar and going back to sleep...

Currently just watching Shaman King the anime again. Will dig out some other movies and stuff to watch. Eagerly anticipating the Alien vs Predator movie. As a sci-fi fan, especially one who loves Aliens, Predator and Alien vs Predator, I had supported this franchise for many years. In fact I have the entire novel series. Other stuff I did so far was learning a few more guitar chords, recently mastered 'Vindicated' from Spiderman 2, huang hun. It seems that whenever I touch my guitar after a long absence, I've improved somewhat :) If I can be good enough to start a band *dreamily*

Other stuff include some excel fiddling, flash and html. I've gotten the notes and stuff, just havent gotten started... Then these few weeks will be kinda hectic. Intensive tuition 3 times a week. My plans for the coming weekend was to go down to SRC at NUS for the annual Rag performance. Its something I go down annually for. Too bad cannot make it this year. My sis is in the O-Week and she did mention that this year, a lot of probs for the Bizad club. Well just wanted to watch youthful, creative and energetic performances. Everytime I watch the performance, I remember the time where I first enrolled in the FOC. It was really fun! So I dun want to go back to M'sia to make my IC and ATM. Damn!

And the friends I made there remain the ones that I work and have fun with throughout Uni life. These same pple are the ones I still keep in contact after graduation. Went down to Tab's place last Sunday and saw the Taman Negera Victory Photo at her shelf. It really fills me with warm memories... Those stuff that our gang FWFC did seem like a life-time away, though we didnt participate much in other activities but organized our own. They were so much more fun, interesting and character building. Growing up pains? I guess its a transistional period... and adjustment at this point.

FWFC - Flung With Flying Colours

That is what we called ourselves back then in Uni. The group was formed somewhat from the Freshman Orientation Camp. Somehow while doing up the Bizad float, me and krynnder being in the same OG, started chatting up with quetzal and Tab, all who are in the Intracies Section. Later with some supper, flag, rag and the nite out at Samsara. (heheh remembered Tab won the Most Romantic Letter), friendship was forged. Through lecutres, got to know Candle and some others. The rest is history.

Then in Year 1, I wasnt most social, and too focused on academic pursuits. Later on, I decided to be more open. To try out more stuff, to participate more with friends. From JC onwards, I made a conscious decision to change to become more extroverted. Though at times I may seem quiet and socially inept. Its already a vast improvment. Hope to become much more. I did many things I dun regret. Looking back, I wished I had done so much more.

Aside from the birthday celebrations: karoke sessions, dinner cum sabo, barbecues. These events have been MOST memorable.

FOC - Tab's love declaration, Clubbing, Float Building, Flagging from dawn to dusk, midnight suppers at Fong Seng, Cheer fights.

Taman Negara - Tab's Curse of the Bat Cave, Nice Coke after a hot trek, a trek full of complaints and leeches, sky full of stars and shooting stars, a beautiful and misty morning, missing the bus episode.

Learn Guitar - Learning songs like 'Happy Birthday' then slowly got better.

Lived in Hall/Apt - Late night jogging with Quetzal, did only healthy things like cooking, watching tv, jogging, dinner at the different faculty canteens - No supper, no clubbing and no drinking. Unbelievable! Late night virtual trading of the stock market.

KL - Ramy's burger, KL Petronas Tower, Ace, Trenchcoats Galore, Jolly Shandy.

Redang II- Snorkelling and seeing actual fishes, Night of drinking and 'cai quan', beautiful night with 'moving' stars, nuahing with alcohol at the Cafe, doing nothing but staring at the sea and feeling the heat from the sun and the warm breeze that sweeps by.

Graduation and Equinox - Drinking to celebrate, enjoying the view from the 64th storey.

If anyone asked what I did in my Uni life, these are what I did, together with the hanging out daily thingy at the Bizad or Arts Canteen, birthday celebrations, shopping experience. I may not be able to remember every little details/jokes/fun that we had. But definitely it was a different experience and worlds apart from the things I did in JC. So much more freedom and discovering. It was definitely an enjoyable and engaging journey. I will look back at them fondly.

As I cannot live in the past or future, I have to live for the MOMENT. Want to create more memories that I will look back, share with others about. Hmm then how shall I get started? Well tom, I shall kick myself to tidy up my table. :P

No comments: