Sunday, December 19, 2004

Zoo E Kimashita!

Today went to the zoo, yep cos my youngest sister wanted to go, yes cos my dad keen to go, yes also cos its my last free sunday as tuition is starting again and its been more than a decade since we last went. So off we went at 9.45am. Reached there around ten and went in. The weather was nice cos it didnt rain at all, something that is pretty rare given the current monsoon season. My sister guided our progess using the map that was provided. And we reminded her to cross-out those that we visited along the way.

"OkayLions, been there done that, so what's next?"

"Hmm, Monkeys is up next, then we follow this loop...."

Along the way, we looked at the animals and tried to take some pictures. My dad was fussing us all to take pictures his way so the photos will turn out good.... *sign, I dun agree with his good pics so far, but still have to reluctantly pose and grumble and become irritable*

The reality of zoo from the ideal where animals are active and clean, and willing to pose pictures is really one where; the sheep's wool are yellow instead of white, the pungent goat smell can be detected ten metres away depending on the wind, one where all the animals are sleeping or lazing around while humans try their best doing idiotic gestures and making weird animal sounds to draw their attention to the camera. Some animals even look bored and couldnt be borthered. Oh well, the reality vs the marketing campaign.

Halfway, i was mumbling to my sister that I am MORE interested in dead chickens than any animals. So its time for human feeding time. KFC lunch. After lunch, still got another halfway to go....

Stumbles, arg my right knee is hurting.... the afternoon sun is hot.... water..wate...r. Phew, that smell makes me wanna puke up my lunch....

My favourite exhibits are the Horse and pygmi dogs. The Horses are magnificent, beautiful creatures. And boy are they big! I didnt realize that horses can be that large. Its almost twice my height. If only i could ride one and gallop freely on a wide open plain. That is one dream i hope to achieve one day. The pygmi dogs are small rodents like guinea pig size. They eat wood and at the exhibit, one stood on its hind legs, using its front paws and made grabbing movements with its front paws. Looks very cute indeed.

After much struggle, and grumbling, finally made it out of the zoo. Looking at the watch, we spent 6 hours inside. On our way home, my sister told me that she overheard one parent telling the kid that they will go to the zoo next week. I remarked "I wont come here for another decade... Once is enough." She agreed.

We stopped for a bite at clementi. While there, I queued for more than 20 mins for a popiah!!! Grr... but the chilli popiah is one to die for, cos chilli padi sauce is used. Oiyishi! Both my sister tried and choked, downing a lot of water, kept on saying HOT HOT HOT!!!! Tears even appeared. Sign who asked them to try, that one is for me. They dun eat much chilli so serves them right. I have just fallen in love with that popiah. No wonder many order the chilli one. One more nice food in clementi.

No comments: