Sunday, February 06, 2005

Emcee Thingy

I met up with my collegue cum partner to discuss the emcee lines on Sat evening. We started around 8.20pm. Whilst doing up the script, we realized that basically we had the LION SHARE of the work. Cos there was no rehearsal of any sort, which means we didnt know how long each item takes to set up. Which means we dun know how long we are supposed to talk. On top of that, there is one part where it involves the P giving out oranges to the staff and all. And so our lines have to be scripted to sound formal. Have to sound like prize-giving presentation. DUH...

So basically to cut the long story short. We had so much talking to do cos the CNY concert is supposed to be 2hrs long. But there are only 2 performances. Then the emcee, are involved in Quiz cum Game. Basically its just the 2 of us doing almost everything... Around 11.30pm, we were still doing the lines. There are like 9 intermissions in-between so have to crap to stall for time for the performance/tables to be put up on stage, crap for time for performance/tables to be cleared off stage, crap to introd the events up n coming, crap after the event and crap onto new event. Blah blah... On top of that, had to make a list of pple to double confirm certain elements that are missing. Basically we are almost on the verge of co-ordinating everyone and everything. No communication to us regarding this, hence it makes our job very difficult.

In the end, while we ended at No 4, it was already eleven. I brought my collegue (female) back to stay overnite to continue 'piahing' the script at my home. We did, and finally finished at 3.05am morning. Great! 2 teachers piahing like hell to finish CNY script through the nite. It really kinda feels like doing project presentation all over again. Not to mention that this is work-related, have to cover alot of asses and coordinate almost everything, a Saturday where I couldnt go anywhere cos of the meeting at nite, AND have to work up til the wee hours of the morning....

This morning around 7.30am. My collegue went home. I just finished the ppt for the quiz. I am kinda stone now. I could see my black eye bags and eye rings. Actually I have been doing nitely battles with a current mosquito problem at home. Daily, I wake up around 2 or 4am to swat mosquitoes. Hence not getting good nite's sleep on top of still recovering from flu. My whole family is sleep-deprived to a certain extent. We are mostly, on the verge of giving in to the mosquitoes and submit ourselves as POWs.

Now going off to get my beauty sleep...

No comments: