Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Another complaint. Monday, and I had to stay back to rush to wrap half of 50 cups. I had a hell of a time doing just one initially. Cos the bloody cup had a handle and no box. It took me up to my 10th cup before I perfected the technique. Luckily I had done origami when I was younger and learnt somewhere about japanese pleats... Sign.

Why did I have to do this?

Well cos its under the Staff Welfare Com and I volunteered to be a member. 2 weeks back, I forgot about the meeting and missed it. When I came back from lunch, I was told I had to work with B to prepare the gifts for Mother's Day.

So after the friday incident, I was not keen to talk much to B. Just only the minimal to get things done. Fine so monday she had remedial so I started first. After remedial, she said that she has something on. So off she went saying that she had more free periods on Tues and that she would be staying back so she'll do tom. Fine. I'll just finish my part, full-stop. Definitely not a planner cos she didnt do up the card design. So I did that on my own and saved the file. Hence I stayed until 5pm wrapping cups until I was at my 20th one. Then I left.

Tuesday was a continuation of the work. I had 6 free periods. Lucky there was no relief. So I started doing what was left. 5 more cups and 50 business-card-sized cards. I printed out the cards, manually cut them all out. 100 in all cos both sides have designs. Then I pasted the two cards together and manually laminated them using laminating paper. Sounds like a production team right. Except up to this stage, its just me only. Okay B bought the cups, but I bought the wrapping paper and laminating paper. After working almost 3 hours non-stop, my free time ended and I just passed everything else to her. Everything is hers. So she had to wrap 25 cups, laminate some more cards and manually cut out the cards.

Wednesday, kinda stone today. Woke up early to go to do Hall duty. Basically to stand and make sure students do silent reading until assembly. After that, I continued my marking in the class. No teaching cos exams round the corner, so my mentor wanted to take the class for revision. I am helping her clear a backlog of unmarked work. First off from last thurs to monday, was Science workbook. It was such a pain in the ass that I wanted to commit sucide (japanese style, by slitting open my stomache) The work was sooooooo bad but then what can the last class produce. There are decent ones but the ones that are bad are REAL BAD.

Then after I am done, I asked my mentor what else. So another pile of work Composition which is one of the most painful things out there for Educators to mark. I am almost finished with it today. But it made me forget how bad Science was, In fact this time, I want to jump off the fourth floor and let a boo-dozer run over me. SO there are really worse things out there...

No comments: