Thursday, April 28, 2005

I am at Zen with my surroundings

Today was supposed to be another boring day. Another when I go to work tired. Then when I was chatting with D, she mentioned that she wanted to go down to Junction 8 to buy mp3 player. I decided to join her becos last time I actually wanted to buy from the creative sale, but too many people so had enough of queuing so i went home empty handed.

Both of us were so excited that we rushed off straight after work. We took a cab down and Vola the creative fair was only a single counter in the main area. We were surprised that we went forward to ask if this was the fair. Yes the man assured us. Then there were 3 aunties who were asking a lot of questions and blocking us from looking at the demos. So we secretly cursed and swear at them. Phew they went off and we started bioing and choosing the colours.

Pink, purple and light blue were out of stock so we looked at the rest. After travelling so far and looking so forward to it, we were definitely buying! The whole package for a 5G Zen (399) with speakers (29) cos $428. I initially prefered the light blue one but there was no stock. So I looked at my favourite colour, green. There was only one unit left but after looking at it numerous times, the colour is still a shade off the nicer tone of green. Then D chose white from green and white. I initally thought that silver was limited edition. Then i asked if there was silver. The man showed me. I decided that silver is still nicer than that green. (would really really like a green player but....) Anyway i got matching speaker silver too, D white matching speakers. The man was so kind to give us 10 free songs downloads instead of just 5. It must be becos he bioing D. :)

So we were grinning like some crazy kids, very excited and satisified with the purchase. This is probably the most expensive gadget that i bought entirely for myself. PS was shared ownership but this Zen Micro is mine. Guess maybe no more holiday in June.

(will put in the pics when I reach home, now in office)

Then i hopped down to Tab's place only to find a very sickly and pale Tab looking down at me from her balcony window. Her message not to meet me didnt reach me so i walked over. Hmm it was very embarassing to disturb her when 'her friend' vists her. She is too busy to entertain me. But she let me in and I showed her what I bought. Then she grabbed it with her paws and refused to let go.... Had to coax it over. Havent really tried my Zen yet, only opened to the box.

Its a cute mp3 player about the size of a cigarette box but lighter. But the sound was fantastic. I was very eager to try out Zen Micro but i had tuition. So after Tab felt much better, we went to makan at coffeshop near J8. Just as we were coming out of the toilet, I saw a MONK BAG. Its those big bag that really looks like the bag monks carry. So I bought it within 1 min. I wanted one for a long time but didnt find one that I liked until that moment I stepped out of the J8 toilet. Both of us took train and I am a mightily satisfied shopper.

After I reached home, I installed the stuff and started ripping songs inside. Its great to hear the songs. Sounds as good as CD. Immediately I loaded about 80 songs inside from my comp. Then I ripped 4 Gackt Cds. As at 2am in the morning I have a huge selection of Jap gothic rock, Jap rock songs in my Zen. I should give it a name soon. Then I tried the speakers. It sounded better than my old radio.

Today I went to work listening to my list of songs. Great man. Life is good at least for my ears. Starved of music cos i was too lazy to change my cd in my discman.

No comments: