Sunday, April 03, 2005

Omedetogozaimasu to Candle who has survived in KPO long enough to receive a bonus and sharing part of it with us. Please put the rest to good use cos its hard-earned.

Well for me, i am going back to my original class, really hope no more collegue go off for something and especially request for me to take their class. *keep fingers crossed*

My current mentor spoke to me and wanted to split the current class into two, she will take the weaker ones and me the better ones for maths lessons. Cos during lessons, the weak ones hold back the better ones and disrupt the class very very regularly. The CA tests was very bad. Only two passed for maths, english a handful and science a few. If there is no drastic action, the chance of the entire class going straight to EM3 is almost a certainty. Really, some of the kids just do not want to be saved, though both of us are trying to save them.

So what does this entails for me? Well it means that my teaching periods would go up, though my current mentor mentioned that she would take me out from engish and science. Basically i change from co-teaching to parallel teaching. For the former, it means you take turns to take the class, one is teaching, the other can sit behind or be absent. For the latter, it means class is conducted at the same time, both teaching two separate groups. Oh well at this point, I dun have a choice, its something new for me again. Have to try my best.

Just to mention something else that happened...

Soon next week, I would be signing up for the nie bond. Going into nie is almost a given. I would be bonding myself for a period of 2 or 3 years. Anyway I still have to serve that tuition grant bond thingy- to those uninformed, it means have to work in Spore for 3 years. So far I have knocked off about 1 year and 4 mths. And after my contract teaching ends, that would add up to 1 year 6mths. Still have 1.5 years to go. The good thing is that both can be served at the same time. So until the end of the bonds, I have no freedom to choose whether I want to work or not. What I can do is to make use of this time to open myself to learn more things that might come in useful in the future. Did i mention that my administrative skills acquired from business admin and from banking work experience has given me an advantage so far.

Worth mentioning is the work politics in play. My ex-mentor has been very nice to tell me bits and pieces of what is happening esp those that happened behind closed doors. It has provided me with more information that allows me to steer myself out of harm's way. But my lips are sealed about the information and I have not breathe a word to any collegue at all, even to the other untrained who are seen in a negative light. I try to hint at what is percieved to be wrong about a collegue... but she refused to listen, say she dun care anymore, once she gets into nie, she is free.... Unfortunately that thought which we all share is not really true. Hope she does get in also.

I just hope nothing big will come my way that requires me to put my butt on the line like the previous project. Cos I am happy with status quo and not have to 'prove' anything to anyone. I am still more concerned about the teaching aspect than others. More worried about the kids results and how to improve them and whether they can understand my lessons, whether the delivery is okay. But my hopes may be short-lived, there are a few projects lined up. At least 3 more. And which my cca is involved in two. And which the instructor sucks and I am weary of doing clean-up. Just pay me the $120+ dollars per hour and I will do a good job. Cos during last week's practice, I could control the students better and project my voice louder than the instructor. Then she is not sure of how exactly she wants them to act, so gives slip slop instructions or that she would pause for a fair bit to visualize how the thing is supposed to turn out. It is plain unprofessional. Waste of time. And she has the guts to have a ten mins break which can stretch to fifteen mins. Bloody hell. Pay me, pay me please..... I am only getting less than thirteen bucks an hour!!!!!

No comments: