Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Changes in the dynamics of things.....

Within a short week, the dynamics of my current job has changed drastically.

The ball began rolling when my ex-mentor revealed to me that I am viewed very favourably by the P. Frankly I didnt know what I did to impress them. In fact at least for last year, my duties were so light that I was almost doing nothing compared to them. Then last term, though got more lessons and duties, still considered light compared to the perms. Quite concerned that the P even asked my ex-mentor why I look so tired nowadays. I would say its the running around between the projects previously and the weekly cca which the instructor is again causing us stress by overpromising and under-delivering.

Then shortly, I received the Teacher Training letter, which is the bond that trainees have to sign before they go into nie. I got this through the P recommendation. So I was kinda frantically looking around for a sporean gurantor which Krynnder agreed to be. Totemo Arigatogozaimasu!!!!

Just today, I received another letter. This letter is to inform me that I am converted to Permanent and earmarked for the next available nie intake, which means I will definitely go right in. Again this is upon the recommendation of the P.

Actually I dun want to be noticed. Just let me do my thing. I think sometimes its best that I dun know what is going on. Makes things less complicated. But then again, I can put that knowledge to use and steer myself out of harm's way. The good thing so far is that they leave me alone most of the time. I am rather aloof. I dun talk much unless with the few collegues in my area. Lunch, I am rather quiet with collegues that I am not so familiar with or not so trusted. Glad that they let me be thus far.

Hmm.... now i am feeling kinda semi-confused cum resigned state, cos it will be a year in nie plus 3 years of bond after the nie course. Which means 4 years. By the time i am free of the bond, I will be 28 years old. VERY OLD desune! Collegues tell me the years pass quickly. But sometimes on a bad day at work, one day seemed much too long. Well today is one. The current class I am taking is the end class and their behaviour is class is getting quite unmanageable. I wonder is it cos I am away from the class too often and too long, or that they are getting bolder. This one and a half week, I have been reliefing my collegues for all their lessons. Only today got a breather with one relief period.

My ex-mentor remarked that nowadays Educators have become part-time educators and full-time adminstrators. I think this point is valid. Today just had this super long meeting that is mostly crap cos it doesnt concern me (an untrained) but still have to sit in. Yet even for the perms, they dun really understand all the admin stuff that is going on. After that is some IT thingy which to me is a waste of time cos I am not an IT-idiot. One hour. Later is a sharing session which is again crap. So much crap for such a long time. I was listening but trying very very hard not to close my eyes and fall asleep. So tired and xian afterwards that I switched tuition. Even going for tuition is difficult sometimes cos the tiredness seeps in. Nowadays I have been changing the days frequently cos I am so tired that I feel I cannot give my best. Though I try to keep to weekdays but sometimes push to Sat. Just that this Sat got bond thingy so cannot. Otherwise I am very tempted.

Dunno why, been kinda of tired since the term started. Just dun feel as alert. Still doing more new things and learning along the way, but hope that its not empathy that is creeping in. Not really leh, just tired, plain tired. Dun think there will be much time to rest unless the long holidays come. Then its gonna be a crash course in nie. Its a one year course but cramp in more than 12 modules plus practicum within a short academic year that lasts about 9 mths. The other 3 mths are the breaks. I am hearing stories of 5-6 assignments due per week. Guess wont be much of rest either.

No comments: