Thursday, March 31, 2005

A long...............week that never seems to end....

Hey sorry for not blogging as regularly as I liked, but cos both my sisters are using the comp intensively for projects and gaming, hence I am unlikely to be able to touch the comp until a late time like now. Currently I am the only one still awake, hence I quickly blog.

My long week started from last wednesday. I am supposed to take over the class of a collegue until this friday. Minus the good friday, it means 6 days of teaching, not reliefing. The difference between teaching and reliefing is obvious but lemme explain for the benefit of all. When you go into a class for relief, u can just use time-killing activities to fill up the time. When the day ends, u walk out. No homework, no marking. Whereas when u go into for lessons, especially a full-day lesson. Numerous tasks are waiting to be done. First take attendance, then check who didnt hand up homework. Begin lesson intended for the day, monitor understanding, gotta make things interesting, and attend to numerous going-to-toilet calls, "teacher, he touch/hit/shit whatever me" complaints.... Gotta give them some activity time after explaining so that can monitor as well as give them a break, control noise levels..... I think you get the picture.

Well. So far behaviour-wise I am having a bit of time with a couple of boys. If I have it my way, I would have fed them unremorsefully to the crocodile pits we visited on Tue excursion OR flush them down the toilet bowl esp for one particular one. I have to pull his collar, shake a bit and raise my voice infront of the class to reprimand him today, cos he used some chain to hit his classmate. Also didnt do his work well.... I was warned abt him by the collegue. Great, except I was quite ill this few days from monday. It has been getting worse and the class is not helping much esp with this crap.

So from wed until today, I have taught besides Eng and Maths, PE, Music, SS, brought them to comp labs, Art and a full-day excursion to 3 places plus a lesson on borrowing money habitually. *faint* In this short time frame, I have marked 1 spelling, 1 mths worksheet, 2 english wb activity, 1 art. On monday, I had this strong deja vu feeling. In my mind, it was friday but in reality it was Monday only. So I had this funny feeling that my body was teleported from friday to a monday. Damn shack. My ex-mentor says that its becos I am unwell. So the day feels very very long.

Today almost buckled over from feeling sooooo very ill. At first I was alright when I woke up. For the past few days, I have been going home as early as I can to rest. (but i stayed until around 3-4 daily to mark) and concus on bed for the entire day. So I feel better at night. But when I wake up for work. I wake up with a bad cough, blocked nose and it gets much worse into the day. Especially after lessons. Not really during but after. Tomorrow might be an mc cos I really wanted to just throw in the towel. My health is just as impt as the kids yah. If i dun rest, later spoil my body, who pays? (yep so what Tab drew on her blog is true. I do envy full-time tuition sometimes)

On the whole, this is a good exposure to the full load of a teacher. But frankly speaking, I dun want to experience it so early. Basically its 'sai keng' (clean shit) But for the kids, oh well. I have already tried my best. So if tomorrow I cannot make it, i tried. I think the whole staff room know that I am ill, cos i was coughing quite badly and look shack and pale. Damn weather. One moment hot, the next moment cold. See how I feel tomorrow when i wake up, if still like shit, then its time for mc. (the other 2 contract have more mc than me. I have 3 mc for Jan cos very sick then. Its almost April. Even some perms have more mc than me.)

No comments: