Sunday, May 29, 2005

Holidays Galore!

After slogging and slogging for 10 weeks, finally school holidays are upon us! For me, an untrained, I have the holidays purely for myself, whereas the perms have to go back on numerous days. I will gladly take what I can get now and enjoy it now.

Me and D were really biting our teeth to piah through this week cos it was quite intense and we are weary. Its just that in this industry, there is no way one can take leave at opportune timing to rest. Its like racing through a marathon, a ten-week one, before the whole chunk of leave arrives in one-shot. Then another race begins.

So far only have to go back for 2 days. I dont need to attend the camp cos they got enough staff. Hence no flying fox Hellbound for the record. Sign. Oh well, no loss.

SOME INTERESTING HAPPENINGS THIS WEEK:

1) Hara Kiri

Went for Jap class on Wed with Tab and Krynnder. Sensei gave us a piece of paper for us to complete the sentences. One of it was "When I am lonely, _________." My answer was common enough, "When I am lonely, I drink." I turned to Tab and asked her the term for the Japanese sucide whereby you cut the stomach with a samurai short sword.

"Is it Hari Kiri?"

"Hara Kiri" she replied.

"Thanks. Lemme write that down, got short-term memory."
(proceeds to write the term down on that piece of paper.)

Shortly after, Tab doodled on my piece of paper and drew a cartoon of me, doing the Hara Kiri. She drew it just below the "when I am lonely" question.

Later, Sensei wanted to collect the piece of paper from everyone. When I heard this, I was like "argh, oh no..." and Tab n Krynnder burst out laughing and laughing. They couldnt stop and as we sat right infront, she collected our papers first. Both of them passed their papers to her. Then I turned mine over and handed it to her, they burst out laughing again. So Sensei flipped my piece of paper and saw the Hara Kiri Pic of me..... and she laughed also.

Great, I can just imagine her going to the other senseis and showing the pic to the rest and laughing... Tab, I am going to doodle on your piece of paper the next time, even if my drawing sucks.

2) Hip-Hop

Went to the gym on Thurs and decided to sign up for the Hip-Hop classes. I guessed I want to learn something new. Also my feet are very stupid one, so decided to take up something to train up my moves. It will commence in mid June, every sunday morning. Hope it will turn out good or useful.

3) 2.4 Km Run

On Saturday morning, I had to go for the 2.4 Km run. Remember the one where I mistaken the date and went down for nothing. Yes that one. This time I got there and registered. There were many Educators there. I think I saw one of the Educator from my sec school. Well after some warm-up, we are off.

Its been a freaking long time since my last 2.4 km in JC. And though I train in the gym, on the treadmill, running on track is different. Cos on the treadmill, the ground moves whereas on the track, you gotta carry your bodyweight and push off the ground to move. So intially I was a bit unused to the movement and my legs feel slow. After a while got used to and continued. I was aiming for the bronze, below 15.45mins. But after the run, I didnt know what is my timing cos I was given a number only to hand in. I looked at my watch and gauged its about there. But I felt I was quite slow leh. My analogue watch didnt allow me to gauge my timing. So I dun really know whether I exceeded that timing. If so, there goes my prize money of $50. Not real happy with my running also cos I could run fast in the gym but outside on the track I was quite slow.... Will try to mix treadmill with track running from now on.

After handing in the numbers, I went straight home. One of the reason I didnt run well, was I had a bit of stomache during the fourth round... Man it is distracting and I couldnt push my pace faster... and after I reached home, had diarrhoea. Is this another bout of stomach flu again? Hope not. My holiday has just begun after this event. Couldnt really relax on Fri cos of this. Now that I am done, let the holidays begin.

4) Meet JC Friends

This week went for earlier jap class partly due to the 2.4 Km and also cos I am meeting JC friends for dinner. One of my guy friend S, is graduating and starting work as an Auditor. Of course he is from NTU. Also its after exams so those who were busy studying could meet up. Went to Crystal Jade Xiao Long Bao... and had Noodle with Spare Ribs, Xiao Long Bao, Tao Sa Piah. Actually quite nice except for the long queue. Luckily S got a queue number earlier and soon we went in.

Our topics revolve around work, work expectations, financial planning and savings, health and fittness. Seem serious but its quite enjoyable to share what we learnt about these aspects. Cos most of us have already worked at least for a year. So we form our opinions and share with each other. Hmm interestingly I learnt something about signing for credit card.

Then a change of venue to Coffee Bean to continue. I must say we shared many points about money management and exercise and also about the pursuit of personal interests. Very enlightening. I forwarded to them the Simple Excel Spreadsheet I did up last year. It may help some to start their money managment. Managed to improve it a little bit more to be even more user-friendly and idiot-proof.

No comments: