Friday, May 13, 2005

Totemo Stone Ne!!!!

Today I went to the school's computer lab, doing relief for a class for 8 periods so I booked the comp lab and dumped them here for 3 periods. Why? Cos I am one with the stone. Am already very petrified.

The reason is that I slept at 3am the night before. Why the hell did I do that?

Well I went to the gym after work with a collegue and had an intense workout. Doint more stuff with abs, after that had dinner outside and Tab sms me to meet downtown since my tuition is done for now. Went home, had a bath and was out straight to Orchard. Hang around Far East and ended up in NYDC around 10 plus. For the third or fourth consecutive time, I tried to ordet the Mushroom Monster (no success previously), the waiter checked with the kitchen and said that there was a last one so we'll take that one. BUT a few minutes later, he came back and told me no more. Tab was laughing hard cos earlier she speculated 'scully the waiter comes back and tell u no more Mushroom...'

Grrrr.... I want my Mushroom Monster!!!! Why cant a person get to eat a bloody mushroom! If it was just one time fine, but its already three times in a row. Godamnit. Well i proceeded to fill out the feedback form stating that I am pissed that I cant get to eat their Mushroom Monster after 3 attempts. Not happy... The best part, when we left, I forgot to drop that feedback into their feedback box.

So around 11.30 plus made my way to the bus stop for the last bus home. Was very stoned already so I closed my eyes. Didnt realize that I fell soundly asleep and overshot my bus stop. I woke up with a jerk and just pressed the button to alight in a daze. Ended up near River Valley Sec but the BIG problem is that I had only a few bucks left in my wallet and there is no bloody UOB and OCBC atms around in the neighbourhood. So there I was in the HDB neighbourhood walking around trying to find the atm to draw some money for me to ride a cab home. Walked around for fifteen minutes with no luck. It was around 12.30++ but there is no soul around. found some shops but there was only POSB Atm... Grr continued walking then I discovered that I walked for big round and was almost back to my original spot. Bloody hell, just when I was about to contemplate walking to Jurong east, a bus zoomed past me. That was 51! Arg... hastening my steps, I moved quickly towards the bus stop just infront of me. Looking over my shoulders, I saw 176! I am saved!!! I hopped on, grateful that I didnt really miss all my last buses. I got off one block before my place and made it home safely albeit a bit pissed. Of course by then all signs of sleep had already vapourised... went online and downloaded stuff until around 3am then went to sleep.

So of course this morning, woke up super stoned. My head feels kinda funny and light. I am too stoned to do much. Almost overshot my mrt stop again.... Damn. I was glad that its friday cos I really want to sleep and cos today by right have 4 free periods at the start of the day. Was intending to rest a bit to recover but when I just went into the office, one of the hod passed me the relief timetable. I had to take the notorious class, remember the class where i threw a chair to shut them down. Yep that class and for 8 straight periods. Went striaght to book the comp lab for 3 periods. Didnt feel up to it to take them PE so no PE for them. Which means I dun have to hunt down the PE teachers to get the PE room key from them. Spent about 1 of my free period preparing some stuff like cross word puzzles, IQ questions. The other was spent stoning and eating my breakfast.

While we were in the comp lab, most students played games like Adventure Quest, Neopets, Cartoon Network, Barbie. After 1.5 period, a few got bored. I was checking my email when I came across this game forwarded by a friend.

Crimson Room - a flash game where the goal is to escape the room

Viridian Room - a continuation of the Crimson Room.

So these students suddenly were very engrossed in playing the crimson room. They cant get enough. When the recess bell rang, they wanted to play some more. I refused and sent them for recess. Then after recess, did with them the IQ question and some Sec level maths question

eg How many squares are there in a chess board.

Some think that they are damn arrogant. Once they manage to get one answer, they think that their answer is the only correct one. So they keep on saying out loud, I know I know.... disturb their friends who are still doing. And keep on boasting to their friends that they have the answer. I reminded them that what these people have is an answer which may not be necessarily the correct answer. To be fair, I went down the rows and got everyone to give me their answer. After 37 answers, all wrong. Even those smart alecs who think that they have the answer. Hmm I discovered that this is a good time waster for the best class. U cant even think to ask the last class this question.

Later after the day ended, I was drained. Went for lunch with collegues and went home. Supposed to meet one collegue for gym at 5.30pm but when I woke up after my nap, its already 6.15pm. Rushed there only to be stuck in a jam for ten minues. By the time I went in and saw the collegue, she was already done for the day. Apologized and went about training. Met D who trains there on Fri. And met P, a primary school classmate! Its like 12 years since I last saw her. What a coincidence. Got her contact details. Hmm suddenly the world seemed small.

Oh one more thing worth mentioning.

I wont be free after Jun 20.

According to the registration package I received from NIE.

"any untrained already serving in school have to return to the school on days when they do not have to report to NIE, until the course begins on 25th Jul"

in addition, some stuff are happening in the last week of the june holidays. Which means I have a shorter holiday than the poly pple yet have to work until 25th Jul like them. WTBF!!!!

According to the appointment letter, I was to be released from 20th june. At first I thought that the term starts earlier. But now things are so different from expectations. Things wont be so bad if got to teach just one more month but its the crap Promotional Activities lined up in that month that I wanted to miss. There is another big scale one planned in that month. And if i am there for the whole month of Jul, I would have to be involved. Given that my CCA is performing again, hope its not another repeat of the previous episode. Then I dun know if there are other responsibilities laid out. Which means while others start the term well rested, I will be drained. Cos on the 24th Jul then released from the school. Man things are not going well this year. Some of the staff are already discontented and are thinking of transferring. Its just when does the last straw break the camel's back.

No comments: