Sunday, May 01, 2005

Silly things of the First Degree

Hmm ever since I got Grey, I have been so distracted by the music that I did some of the stupidest things in my life. To top it off, all three incidents occurred one after another on 3 consective days.

No 1 (Rated as a normal stupidity)

On friday, after invigilating papers, I was blasting music using Greyearth then I almost forgot about my recess duty. Fifteen minutes into the recess, I rushed out to continue the duty. Sign, not that I want to forget but last term mine was on Monday so now changed to Friday, getting very forgetful.

No 2 (Rated as a Very stupid act which some of us might commit once every 20 years)

On Saturday, after jap class. I was on my way home going into the lift. Again I was listening to Grey. There were 2 girls who came in. They pressed both floor 5 and 9. So I kinda stoned. I vaguely registered that they got off at the 5th floor. Then continued stoning.

'Ding' the lift arrived. Immediately I pressed the 9th floor absent-mindedly, wondering why the lift didnt arrive on the 9th floor. Then realized that the 9th floor button didnt light up at all. I continued pressing, cursing why the lift button seemed to be spoilt. So i stayed in the lift, pressing the buttton, wondering why the lift door didnt close to bring me to the 9th floor. Then I saw a guy who wanted to use the lift. So I got out, pressed for the other lift and when it came, got in and pressed the 9th floor button again. Again it didnt light up and i repeatedly pressed it. Suddenly it struck me, I might be on the 9th floor. So i looked out of the open lift and saw the sign, 9th floor!

God!!!! I am a bloody idiot. I was pressing the 9th floor button all the time when I was already on the 9th floor! Of course that is why the lift door didnt close at all. Man, I was so embarassed. Luckily nobody bear witness to this stupidity.

No 3 (Rated as a Very Very stupid act that any sane person shouldnt do in their entire lifetime)

A collegue asked me on thursday whether I want to join this 2.4km run/walk for all Educators. So I just signed up and copied down the date,time and venue on a piece of paper which i stuck into my wallet. In my mind, I remembered the date as 28th April, Sat. So I went about my work with this date stuck in my mind. Even told a few collegues that I am running this sat.

So on Friday, after Incident no 2, I used streetdirectory.com to search for the buses to take. I actually took out the piece of paper to check the venue. So i found the buses to take and went to sleep at 2.30am.

At 5.45am, Sat morning. I woke up and prepared and went out. Met a collegue who lived in my area. He was jogging. I bid him goodbye and hopped onto a taxi to clementi central. From there, i took a bus. When i reached the designated stadium, I saw less than 10 people at using the track. Hmm I thought to myself. Maybe I am early but isnt this too little people since its almost seven. So i walked around to look for the registration booth. Nothing. I walked around and asked the security guard if I was at the old nie. He told me yes but i dun see anymore people coming. This is strange, i would expect to see my collegues. SOMETHING is wrong.

So I walked back to the track. Still the same few people, no one familiar. Walked up to SMU, tried looking for a public phone cos didnt bring my hp. Only found a card phone but I had no card. Went back to the stadium, saw some people preparing some prize table cum reception. Went up to one lady and asked her what event is being held today. She answered 'Nanyang girl's marathon, ending at this venue.' Hmm so it is not possible for 2 events to be held at the same venue, so I decided to go home. In my heart, I started suspecting that I had gotten the wrong date. When I finally got home, I went straight for that piece of paper. It was written there 28th May, Sat. Grrrr.... Good grief!!!! I am an IDIOT. It was there all the time yet when I saw it last nite, my mind didnt registered the date. Somehow I saw it as 28th April! If that was not enough, its 30th April, Sat NOT 28th April which would be a thursday. This is really stupid. I wasted 2.5 hours and 3 bucks on taxi, and some on bus fare. Bloody hell. The only good thing is that I managed to listen to a fair bit of songs on Grey.

To top it off, I went back to sleep cos I am sleep-deprived. I muttered to my mom who was going to the doctor, if she can, buy me lunch and if cannot make it back, to call me. Cos i have tuition in the afternoon. Off I dozed. After some time, I was woken up by the phone ringing... I had rang many times already. I got out of bed and walked to the living room to get it. Just as my hand was about to touch the receiver, it went dead. WTH (what the hell), nvm suspect it to be my mom but i went back to sleep.

After some time, I was again awaken by the sound of the ringing phone. I decided to ignore it. It kept ringing. So i repeated the same action and got up. This time I managed to get it.

Hello?

Hey bought u your lunch.

Okay bye.

Went straight back to sleep. I fell fast asleep.

Ring!!!!!!!!!!! Ring!!!!!!!!!

Got up and got the phone, it went dead before i could reach it. WTF (what the fuck!) Went back to sleep again.

RING RING!!!!!!!

I woke again. Decide really to ignore it. Let it ring for all I care. So it did. But cos my home phone is really loud so its kinda of irritating after it kept ringing for a while. Alright alright already! So i got up and expectantly the phone went dead as I was just about to pick it up. WTBF (what the bloody fuck) Cos i am still sleep-deprived so i went back to sleep again for the upteemth time.

Again I was woken up by the familiar and predictable ringing. I dashed out of bed, intent to catch it so that bloody phone wont ring again later.

Hello....

Your mom hasnt seen the doc yet. So lunch u settle yourself.

Were u the one who kept on calling. Everytime just as I want to pick up u hang up. Then u woke me up so many times.

If your mom hadnt asked me to call you, I wouldnt have.

Bye.

GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody fuck! I half suspected that my dad wants to practice using his hp cos he is still not familiar with his hp. Man it was 12.10pm. I had to go out around 12.30pm. So of course i know that if they are not back already, then i got to settle lunch myself. Goddammit. I went and prepared for tuition.

All in all, I reckoned I woke up around 7 times and managed to pick up the phone only 2 times. Man what the hell is wrong with me? Is it some damn siong unlucky spell on me. I better stay home until my luck changes.

No comments: