Thursday, September 22, 2005

Eyes open...

after hearing the alarm clock going off.
Instinctively grabbed it to turn it off.
Turned off the other backup alarm clock.

Where am I? What day is today?
Disorientated and confused... when did I fall asleep?

Sitting up, I looked around and slowly recollected what happened last night. Ya the last I remembered was resignated going to bed to sleep for the life of me. That was around two plus plus. Then the last thing I saw was a bolster over my eyes...

I got up and went to brush my teeth resignatedly. I feel like CRAP. The type of feeling you get when you pull an all-nighter or many late nights. My head is alternating between light-headedness and heavy-headedness. When I looked in the mirror, a reflection of a dog-tired, frowning and high-strung person with red blood-shot eyes stared back. My eyes hurt. FUCK!

Back in the room, I made coffee. Havent had to drink one for weeks. Somehow a voice in my sleep-deprived head dropped an evil idea, to make as much noise as a revenge or whatever. But in the end, I didnt. Just didnt want to be that unkind. BUT I was still irritable. Mumbling under my breathe, I blasted Grey with some favourite tunes from FFVII games to lower the negativism and made my way for the test.

I spent 5 minutes looking at my notes and spent a good ten minutes trying to sober up whilst waiting for it to start. And when it did, I stared uncomprehending at the questions, stoned, stunned. Managed to wake the brain and started. A maths paper with proving geometry. Requires a clear mind. Somehow I managed with a sleep-deprived one. Then went for a class in stoned mode with heavy head.

Now I am back in the room. Its raining outside. Just eaten my lunch. Next class at 3.30pm. Until then I am just going to bathe and then sleep... Feeling very cynical now, need some decent sleep to turn back to normal mode.

No comments: