Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Unproductivity to the MAX

After burning my weekend playing MapleStory, reading comics at Tab's place and sleeping. I feel somewhat contented to start on my assignments. That was what I thought when I went back to hall on Sunday evening. Instead I was mapling again.

Alright, I'll start tomorrow. But in the end, I ended up doing everything else except start on that 2000 word assignment due this coming friday. Its 70% of the grade in case you are curious. Err I slept until quite late, mapled, read Spiderman2, comics and watched tv. Infact while I was mapling, inbetween the healing, I was reading my textbooks for the theories. Finally when I felt so guilty that I couldnt take it anymore, I started by searching for more journal articles.

Hell... its harder than I thought but I managed to download a fair no of papers. Now its more reading and getting started. Hope to be able to finish by wed late evening? So I can go home at least once during my break.



Just checked out BoredSlacker's blog and she tagged me for the 5 weirdest habits. I have a feeling the tag will end with me cos not that many friends blog. Anyway its 2am in the morning... I am in an obliging mood. Here goes

1) I must sleep with blanket, bolster and in sleeveless top

Regardless of the weather -hot or cold, I will cover myself with a blanket, hug a bolster and wear a sleeveless top to sleep. Tab can attest to this. Err this is like a habit more than 6 years old. A pillow is optional and most often ends up on the floor or gives me a backache/stiff neck..... and

2) I am NOT addicted to coffee

Despite being branded as someone with 'decaffinated blood', I am not addicted to caffine. I only drink when I need to be awake for something, so in the case of work, its a cup a day. Very minimal I assure you. So far ever since I moved into hall, the total no of cups I drank is <10. Whereas everyone in my family drinks at least 2 cups of coffee everyday. I am the only one who can just stop drinking anytime. Oh well.

I drink non-sugared tea like I drink water. But ever since I moved in, havent been doing that. In fact I got addicted to drinking Mug Rootbeer, 1 can everyday or alternate days. But I have just stopped that also. Now its just Green tea.

3) I like to analyze things, puzzles....

This is a bloody side-effect of being a chess player and thinking too much. I often am intrigued by puzzles and am constantly analyzing situations, pple, issues etc. Its a bad trait if overanalysis leads to paralysis or inaction. But I have changed much... and now I'm not too analytical, still do it but not for everything. Now prefer to stone or listen to Grey. Less taxing mentally.

4) I am a Creature-of-the-Night stuck in a morning job

I am a confirmed night-owl. As the day ends and moves into twilight hours, my mind is getting clearer and more alert. This as opposed to me in the morning. What you see is my 'zombie' form that bodily resembles Hellbound but mentally still in dreamland. I really dread waking up early in the morning and yet...

I work in the industry where work starts freaking early. Greatest of all irony. No wonder my eyebags are getting blacker. Then whenever I am on holidays, I relish the chance to revert back to my owling ways. Just dont disturb my sleep the next day or you'll end up with a very grumpy and snappy Hellbound.

5) I have clock-work bowels

Kinda of embrassing to say this but I hate my entire digestive system. The reason, its like clockwork. Every morning without fail, at a particular time and if I wake up in the early morning, just after taking a sip of drink or a bite of breakfast, it starts. I have to rush to the toilet. Without fail for weekdays except weekends. Dunno why.

Its a freaking great big inconvenience cos it means I have to wake up slightly earlier than what I would have liked, in order to have time to go to the toilet which is inevitable. I dont seem to have this problem if I wake up around nine thirty. Nothing at all. Only happens during morning timing from 5.30-9am. Who wants to exchange digestive system with me, anyone?



Thats all folks, I am going to sleep. Its going to be three soon. I am not going to tag anyone cos whatever chain letters always ends at me. Just dun have that many friends who blog. Look forward to sushi buffet tomorrow. Yay.

Night everyone.

Unpleasant Dreams.

No comments: